BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 2:17:45 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's called a waiver. No one will get sued. Additionally, having someone fall and blow their face off with YOUR gun vs their own really wouldn't make much difference... if anything it would be worse for you, assuming there was no waiver in place. ;)    

So you're telling me that you take people hunting on your land, and charge them money, and make them use your equipment... but don't make them sign a waiver/ release of liability first?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow. What a topic. As a land owner and hunter I can tell you I'm not letting anyone I don't know hunt my place without me being there. We don't farm we just ranch cattle. Actually we just lease now. The farmers we hunt for have a one on one relationship with my hunting partner. Once you develop a good reputation you might pick up some places to hunt by word of mouth. One mistake and you can loose all your places to hunt. We do take people hunting and we do charge money. Gas and equipment aren't free. You own your own equipment?  That's great if you do but you aren't going to use it with me. I have no history with your equipment. If you trip and fall and blow your face off because u are an internet hog slaying master ninja who do u think is going to get sued?
It's called a waiver. No one will get sued. Additionally, having someone fall and blow their face off with YOUR gun vs their own really wouldn't make much difference... if anything it would be worse for you, assuming there was no waiver in place. ;)    

So you're telling me that you take people hunting on your land, and charge them money, and make them use your equipment... but don't make them sign a waiver/ release of liability first?

Unless they have a third party/no fault law like Florida has, then that waiver means nothing in a court of law.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top