Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2015 6:43:58 PM EDT
I have a close buddy that I respect tell me that he knows a guy who is getting too old to hunt and wants to sell his lease.

I trust my buddy, but don't know the seller. I am familiar with the concept of hunting leases and know how they work, but have no firsthand experience buying one and don't want to get burned. The property has food plots and decent amounts of deer and hog; I'm speaking from the legal aspect of it.

I don't want to buy an annual lease and have the owner sell the property in six weeks. Or, buy a lease that has 6,000 other hunters crowding the place. Or deal with a total scam and fork over money but have no rights at all.  Things like that. Any advice?

This property is located in northern FL if that makes any difference. Looking to use a suppressed 300BLK and NV for Hogs. I know the suppressor is legal, but is using NV legal for hogs on private land?
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 6:54:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you read the lease?
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 6:55:09 PM EDT
[#2]
You can hunt hogs on private land 24/7/365 in Florida with any legal to possess firearm (suppresssors, SBR, full auto MG if you have the NFA stamps) and all the NV/Thermal you can carry.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 6:58:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks. Haven't read the lease yet, but I'm assuming that information would be in it?

No MG or thermal unfortunately, but good news if I ever win the lotto! Guess I had better fill out a .20 to bring my SBR.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 10:36:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Read the lease and be sure to have liability insurance, the best place to get liability insurance is the NRA.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top