Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2015 12:16:17 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 12:36:32 AM EDT
[#1]
So, anything else new on these?

My understanding is the new lens should actually make them a little more sensitive and cheaper at the same time.  Everything else the same?

Do these have image capture?

Manual focus?

Link Posted: 9/23/2015 2:31:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 2:37:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 11:33:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice video! Man, that tall grass really obscures the hogs. I did some hunting this week in around the perimeter of a cornfield and I kept thinking to myself that a ladder or crane would really come in handy!

Link Posted: 9/28/2015 10:33:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice video, thanks for not attaching some stupid music to it.

Vince
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 5:44:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Everything is exactly the same as far as firmware goes. ATN is still using a Janos lens, but they are using a different lens housing and lens coating that offers better brightness and contrast. The new lens housing is much smoother and easier to focus. The 640 2.2.5X is about 10% lighter than the 640 2.5X, 1.8lbs vs 2.02 to be exact. The new eye piece also gives your more eye relief. Not exactly sure yet on how much more, but it's more than the PVS14 eye piece. It's really a no-brainer for hog hunters. The image quality is better, it's lighter, better eye relief, easier to focus, and it's less expensive.

Here is a pic of one of my old units vs a new unit.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d6/tnadair/ARFCOM/IMG_6131_zpsy5xb5jgm.jpg    

View Quote

Should I take that as a yes on the image capture?  The 5X I have does image capture and multiple zero profiles, the really old 2.5X I have doesn't and can't because of the oldness.  :(
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 6:30:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:04:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:29:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Ha thanks. Glad to see you feel the same way I do about music in hunting videos!  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice video, thanks for not attaching some stupid music to it.

Vince

Ha thanks. Glad to see you feel the same way I do about music in hunting videos!  

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top