Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2015 6:59:41 PM EDT
I am looking for suggestions on what outfit or even a place to read about them besides googling and clicking each company.

I have no idea what companies are real fun experiences and what ones are going to drop me off on some random private property they don't have permissions for.

My father and I would like to book a hunt.  We would like to keep the meat, we would like to not have to work for it, we would like a big hog if possible.

I have spent many years quartering elk and packing them out, but we want this to be more like a vacation on a working mans budget.

Can anyone help?  Texas is closest, but we can fly too.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 12:44:47 AM EDT
[#1]
The BigWoods on the Trinity is THE place for high end hogs.  They are about 1 1/2 hours south of Dallas and about 2 hours from DFW.  Doc owns about 7200 acres of river bottom,  All Free Range, low or no fence.  He is not cheap, but is one of the few top-notch outfits that accommodates individual and pairs of hunters. (Most lodges of this type strictly book out the entire facility for corporate and large groups.)

There have been multiple outdoor shows filled on this property.  If you book during duck season, you can shoot duck in the morning and pigs in the evening/night...but I think his duck weekends book over a year in advance. I know his deer hunts are over a year out on booking.   I believe he does primarily stand and blind hunting, but they may be able to set you up with some stalks.

The BigWoods on the Trinity

Official disclaimer:  I have hunted with other outfitters and lodges, but I have never hunted The Bigwoods... I own a small place directly across the county road from his lodge. I've never stayed at his lodge, but I have been in it. It is beautiful and well set up. I've talked with quite a few of his hunters and they are all blown away by the experience.  

There are definitely pigs in these woods.  Here is a sample from my place on Friday

The black boar directly under the feeder is no longer with us.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 4:29:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I run a company called Silent Solutions out of NE FL

We specialize in guided NV and thermal hunts, both still and spot and stalk, tailored to what the client wants and depending on the area we are in. Please feel free to contact me or follow us on FB at Facebook.com/silentsolutions
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 8:37:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Look me up at YouTube , the first video has my number
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top