Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

this
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Talk to the guys that hunt hogs for a living, They will tell you that often times on running hogs, you will get bad hits, and a bad hit with a 5.56 winds up a complete run off, where that same shot with a 6.8 will plant the animal so that a second shot can be taken. Watch the videos of them. Look at the reports of Chris Lucci.

this

I talk to myself all the time.
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 10:37:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Talk to the guys that hunt hogs for a living, They will tell you that often times on running hogs, you will get bad hits, and a bad hit with a 5.56 winds up a complete run off, where that same shot with a 6.8 will plant the animal so that a second shot can be taken. Watch the videos of them. Look at the reports of Chris Lucci.

this

Maybe you should seek help then.

The facts of the 6.8s superior performance in the field has been proven by people much more capable and authoritative on the matter than you. Number one, just discussing Dr ( real PHD medical doctor ) Chris Lucci, owner of Wild River Ranch, has shot more hogs and deer than most people have even seen, and he does a complete necropsy ( and is qualified to do so btw ), on as many as he can in order to determine bullet performance. He's done this with 5.56, .300BLK/Whisper, 6.8 , .308 and others. He has been instrumental in testing real world performance for major ammunition companies and helping them make changes before they are released, Federal, Hornady, Barnes ( the 95gr TTSX for the 6.8 that opens down to 1600fps was his idea and is available solely because of his requesting and testing it ). He not only eradicates hogs around Texas, he also is a guide on his ranch. He has tested all of these, and found the 6.8 to be superior over all but the .308, and in short barrels, very close.

There is also Texas Lawman that is a professional guide and hunter and produces videos , as well as Hoginator and others, that have also found the 6.8 to be superior.

Now, what are your qualifications in comparison to Dr Chris Lucci that you can adamantly state the opposite of his conclusions. Where is your data and your necropsy reports, and which companies have you developed and tested projectiles and ammunition for it. BTW, the military XM68GD was tested by him for Federal.

Again, show me your data and accompanying information.

I will be more than happy to be persuaded from my misguided position on the matter if you have something that carries more weight than what so many professionals in the field and a Dr has provided.

Link Posted: 12/27/2015 10:48:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The facts of the 6.8s superior performance in the field has been proven by people much more capable and authoritative on the matter than you. Number one, just discussing Dr ( real PHD medical doctor ) Chris Lucci, owner of Wild River Ranch, has shot more hogs and deer than most people have even seen, and he does a complete necropsy ( and is qualified to do so btw ), on as many as he can in order to determine bullet performance. He's done this with 5.56, .300BLK/Whisper, 6.8 , .308 and others. He has been instrumental in testing real world performance for major ammunition companies and helping them make changes before they are released, Federal, Hornady, Barnes ( the 95gr TTSX for the 6.8 that opens down to 1600fps was his idea and is available solely because of his requesting and testing it ). He not only eradicates hogs around Texas, he also is a guide on his ranch. He has tested all of these, and found the 6.8 to be superior over all but the .308, and in short barrels, very close.

There is also Texas Lawman that is a professional guide and hunter and produces videos , as well as Hoginator and others, that have also found the 6.8 to be superior.

Now, what are your qualifications in comparison to Dr Chris Lucci that you can adamantly state the opposite of his conclusions. Where is your data and your necropsy reports, and which companies have you developed and tested projectiles and ammunition for it. BTW, the military XM68GD was tested by him for Federal.

I will be more than happy to be persuaded from my misguided position on the matter if you have something that carries more weight than what so many professionals in the field and a Dr has provided.

https://youtu.be/E3iVVCttwPw
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this

I don't have a PHD or produce videos so it doesn't really matter. I do know when to use a ? though.
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 10:59:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I don't have a PHD or produce videos so it doesn't really matter. I do know when to use a ? though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this

Oh of course, a typographical error totally destroys all evidence from top level industry professionals.

I will now bow to your superior knowledge and get rid of my shitty 6.8 rifle and just hang on to the hammer of the gods chambered in 5.56.

In your honor, I will write, " I will never forget a question mark, it is the sign of inferiority " 500 times on the chalkboard.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 1:49:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Purse swinging aside, of course 5.56 is "fine". But it's madness to say that a larger bullet isn't "better".
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 5:56:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I gots no pig in this fight, but I likes me my 7.62x39 AR47s.
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 11:42:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Oh of course, a typographical error totally destroys all evidence from top level industry professionals.

I will now bow to your superior knowledge and get rid of my shitty 6.8 rifle and just hang on to the hammer of the gods chambered in 5.56.

In your honor, I will write, " I will never forget a question mark, it is the sign of inferiority " 500 times on the chalkboard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this

Then write "I will figure out the difference between a PhD and an MD 680 times.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 12:15:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Big nasty feral hogs? The question is not 6.8 vs 5.56, it's .458 vs .50BW ...and there is no wrong answer.
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 10:11:25 PM EDT
[#9]
check out the 7VAR
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 11:48:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this

Are you talking about doc Roberts the dentist?
Or a PhD? Or an MD?

That being said, 5.56 is good and I use it and have never felt like I needed to switch to 6.8, but I would think 6.8 would be more effective. It's bigger. I mean, seriously how could 68 be less effective than 556?
My favorite for anything under 200 yards is 300 blackout.
It all comes down to what you own and want to carry. If you own a 556 I wouldn't go out and buy a 68. I personally like carrying short and light PDW style so I like 300blk.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 1:55:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I gots no pig in this fight, but I likes me my 7.62x39 AR47s.
View Quote

Arguably the most deadly round in recent history. $10.99 + Caesar's for 40 rds. of 124 gr. tula soft point down the road.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top