Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2015 2:55:50 AM EDT
I have an AR10 brush gun, its pretty light but a little heavy.  I am going to order a lower capacity magazine from Armalite, eitehr 10 or 15 rd. I might get a 5 rd too in case I deer hunt w/ it.  Trying to keep down the weight of the gun so it handles better and isnt' so hard to lug as a unit.  What do you guys think is best, 10 or 15  rds?  Would you ever feel vulnerable with only 10 rds?
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 9:51:36 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I have an AR10 brush gun, its pretty light but a little heavy.  I am going to order a lower capacity magazine from Armalite, eitehr 10 or 15 rd. I might get a 5 rd too in case I deer hunt w/ it.  Trying to keep down the weight of the gun so it handles better and isnt' so hard to lug as a unit.  What do you guys think is best, 10 or 15  rds?  Would you ever feel vulnerable with only 10 rds?
View Quote

I've burned through two 20 rounders once.  In one sitting.  Three were lots of little exploded piglets everywhere.

It was glourious but my head was all wobbly after.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 12:59:37 PM EDT
[#2]
If the difference between 20 and 15round matters that much, might I suggest some weight training for you sir.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 10:37:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Here is ten rounds of .308 putting down 8 hogs:

http://www.phossil.com/thom/Night%20Vision/FLIR%20T70/8%20Hogs.mp4
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:23:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I have an AR10 brush gun, its pretty light but a little heavy. I am going to order a lower capacity magazine from Armalite, eitehr 10 or 15 rd. I might get a 5 rd too in case I deer hunt w/ it. Trying to keep down the weight of the gun so it handles better and isnt' so hard to lug as a unit. What do you guys think is best, 10 or 15 rds? Would you ever feel vulnerable with only 10 rds
View Quote
?

If hog hunting I would.  You can go through 10 rounds pretty quick when your in a open pasture with 20-30 pigs.  I usually put 18 rounds in a 20 rd mag due to ease of charging.  

Deer hunting 5 is plenty.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 3:23:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Okay, I'll just use 20's for hogs & maybe someday I'll get a 5 for deer.

15 might be big enough, but the weight diff is so little its hardly worth getting a 15 rd mag I guess, and 10 may not be  enough for a big herd.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 1:15:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Save a dollar. Just load the number of bullets you want to carry in the existing mags. That is unless FL won't allow more than a 5 rd mag for deer hunting for example.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 9:46:05 PM EDT
[#7]
When I carry my .308 I always take 20 round magazines no matter what the animal I am hunting for.  I have believe it or not used all twenty rounds trying to put down an animal someone else wounded.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 1:35:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I had  to reload my scar during a hog ambush on Friday night. I keep 18 rds in a 20 rd magazine. I had a chest rig in my backpack with more mags. From now on, I'll have the ammo on my chest, not in a backpack.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 2:56:30 AM EDT
[#9]
That’s what I like about living in a free state.   When I am carrying my AR10A2 Carbine, I have fully loaded 20 rounders.   If I’m carrying my AR15A2 Carbine has fully loaded 30 rounders.    It’s not for the Four legged Hogs but for the TWO Legged Hogs.  

Wolf
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 3:07:13 AM EDT
[#10]
I’ve got to go over to my cousin’s place tomorrow and check out what he thinks is a hog wallow.    We hope not, but if it is, whirr going to have to nip this in the butt quick.    If it is what he thinks it is, that means we got some Hogs moving in and we don’t want that.

Wolf
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top