Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2015 9:45:10 AM EDT
Anybody got any advice for attracting some hogs, I've laid corn, sour corn and even some old motor oil, and buried soured corn in a hole to no avail, this is going on 5 days with no hog sign in a normally active area for hogs. I'm wondering if the heat is cramping their ability to move into my area.

.???
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:00:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Stop shooting them in the face when they show up, they don't like it too much

Usually when the hogs disappear from the properties I hunt, they've moved on to another seasonal food source or to a more quiet area. I talk to the neighboring land owners and see what they've been experiencing. Sometimes I find out that one of them has been trapping and that's why they've disappeared. As for attractants, I spend so much effort trying to get rid of pigs that it seems silly to purposely try to bring them in, but I often have friends who want to shoot a hog and just when I'm knee deep in pigs they suddenly vanish. In those cases, I've tried just about everything imaginable, and unfortunately don't have a surefire method to share. Perhaps try some pheromones or urine scents to peak their interest...then shoot them in the face.

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:40:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I agree with Bob, if they were never there, trying to get them there is next to impossible unless they were nearby, if they were there and left it was either because of pressure or food sources/water, etc.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 2:48:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:22:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Good news......I got them bracketed, soon I'll post some good pics of these dead assholes.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 9:21:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 3:13:47 PM EDT
[#6]
If they're in the area they will find the corn quick. Even if they're not in the area they'll eventually pass on by and take notice of the corn. On my lease we have them coming to all the feeders in the morning and late afternoon.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:16:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Got em!!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top