Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2015 3:27:11 PM EDT
I'll be taking my annual vacation to Hilton Head with the family in June.  I usually play golf, go fishing, etc, but thinking of changing up the routine and trying a hog hunt.  Any good outfitters to go with, any to avoid?
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 12:52:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone???
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 6:58:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I live in the lowcountry and I'm not aware of any Local guides. If I get a chance today I'll see if I can find something listed on the net.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 9:55:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the reply.  Don't worry about a web search...I have done that and found a few outfits, some with pretty convincing website.  I was really just looking for any word of mouth confirmation that a particular guide was good to go or someone that should be avoided.

When I go fishing down there I usually do the same thing...check with some local folks to see who has a good reputation for putting clients on fish, and who has a reputation for having a snazzy website and big advertising budget and catches more fisherman than they do fish.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 1:05:06 PM EDT
[#4]

I just got back from South Carolina trophy hunters lodge empty handed. I spent 30 hours hunting during 3 days there and the only animals I've seen were one hare and one coyote. No hogs. No deers.
I've been sitting in 6 different location including two by the feeders and I gotta tell you that corn under one feeder wasn't even touched.
Guys there were kind enough to offer me same hunting package free of charge any time I wish to return but I gotta say not seeing any animals is discouraging.
Lodging and food are good. Mosquitos are not so much :).
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 2:31:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I just got back from South Carolina trophy hunters lodge empty handed. I spent 30 hours hunting during 3 days there and the only animals I've seen were one hare and one coyote. No hogs. No deers.
I've been sitting in 6 different location including two by the feeders and I gotta tell you that corn under one feeder wasn't even touched.
Guys there were kind enough to offer me same hunting package free of charge any time I wish to return but I gotta say not seeing any animals is discouraging.
Lodging and food are good. Mosquitos are not so much :).
View Quote

Good to know, thanks!  Its one thing to spend a day on a boat and not catch anything, and another to sit in a blind and get eaten by mosquitos, and not even see anything to shoot at.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 6:59:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Funny thing I've never returned empty handed from boat fishing. Be it lake or Atlantic.

I just want to add during research I found another lodge with lots of good reviews. Dorsey's Lodge I think. I was planning to go there initially since they have hog hunt with dogs. But my local hunting pal told me to go to SC Trophy hunters instead.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 7:12:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Funny thing I've never returned empty handed from boat fishing. Be it lake or Atlantic.

I just want to add during research I found another lodge with lots of good reviews. Dorsey's Lodge I think. I was planning to go there initially since they have hog hunt with dogs. But my local hunting pal told me to go to SC Trophy hunters instead.
View Quote

Will check that out.  Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top