Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2015 3:55:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:06:35 PM EDT
[#1]
wow,, i closed my eyes... and then looked and seen!

nothing.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:09:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:21:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks
I screwed That all up
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:31:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Recovered 3 pigs and wounded some others.  Did better the next night and shot 7
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 6:47:53 PM EDT
[#5]
So here are a few details of the hunt. we spotted them at approximately 450 yards. we've experienced a lot of rain the last few months and could not get any closer in the vehicle and had to walk to close the gap. we managed to get to within roughly one hundred and fifty yards, as we were stopped to guess range one of the lone hogs started walking directly towards us. our intent was to get closer than we were but because of the one pig we had to quickly change our plan. also at the last moment my brother the other shooter decides he will shoot the pig on the left and I will shoot the pig on the right, which is backwards of what we normally do so as to not shoot across each other. the lone hog on the left coming directly towards us gets within 65 yards of us and walks out of view of my thermal. this is when the shooting is fixing to start. at the last moment  I switch from shooting the pig on the left to picking out one on the right approximately a hundred twenty five yards down which appears to be one of the larger hogs. I should have got a little more steady but felt rushed because of the pig I couldn't see walking towards us. we counted down I shot, I think I hit the very upper top of his neck basically grazing him. turns out the one my brother is shooting turns and runs back across in front of us and you can see him barely across the bottom of the screen for a second. at that point it kind of turns into a melee and definitely was not some of the better shooting that I have done.
we did recover three of the hogs but the area is so full of water we could not get into some of the areas we needed to recover more than that.
I will say it was a blast literally

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:24:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Very nice, what type of thermal and recorder were you using?  The next time I do a hog hunt I will definitely be recording the thermal footage.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 6:20:16 PM EDT
[#7]
God dang, that looks like fun!  Nice work...
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:01:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very nice, what type of thermal and recorder were you using?  The next time I do a hog hunt I will definitely be recording the thermal footage.
View Quote

I was using a UNV MDVR for recording with an off brand thermal
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:17:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
God dang, that looks like fun!  Nice work...
View Quote

x2!
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 10:24:24 PM EDT
[#10]
all you farm boys get all the fun.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 12:43:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top