Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2015 10:23:24 AM EDT
Howdy Folks
I have been given Cart Blanche to go straight jihad on any and all hogs by any means nessasary by a land owner of a deer lease. I hunt hogs under Night Vision with Suppressors and IR lasers, and occasionally thermal devices. I would be more than willing to supply the rifle/Ammo/NOds to anyone would would like to tag along and pull a few hours in the woods.
I am going to be hunting on a 4000 acre tract located within about 44000 acres of land just North of St. Augustine FL South of Jacksonville. There are confirmed sightings of Hogs in the 400lb range and multiple hogs killed over 300 lbs.
I would need to charge a fee for the ammo and a guest day pass but I'm thinking 50$ isn't bad when you can potentially kill a hog and keep all the meat you want. Due to safety reasons I could only take one person, as 2 is company but 3 is fratricide. Please shoot me an IM and I will try and work with you for a night hunt, I'm thinking 3-6 hours. It will be a lot of walking, potentially some heavy lifting through some austere terrain, filling with snakes and gators in the warmer months so I can't stress the need to be in shape with good sturdy boots and a few other basic items.
As always no lic is required by the state and on private land you can predate on hogs with just about anything.

ETA if we hunt from a blind I may be able to take 2 folks with me.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 10:38:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Wish your were Texas.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 10:43:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wish your were Texas.
View Quote

Today I am, but I'm here for a funeral. And it's a quick turn.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 12:30:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmmm....

I may have to take you up sometime in the near future...  I'm not too terribly far.  Sounds like a good deal.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 1:09:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Word
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 10:28:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I lived in St Augustine and Ponte Vedra for a few years...

I wish I had the time to take you up on this. I really like that area down there.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 2:27:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Heck of a nice deal.  Wishes something like that would happen close to Corpus Christi, Texas.    

Remember farmers-ranchers.....hogs get more active once weather warms up and freshly planted fields are choice hog dining sites.  As are spring calves.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:06:55 PM EDT
[#7]
OP is good people with fun toys.  I'd love to hunt FL, however I've got a weak spot for serpents and would probably be too distracted to shoot pigs.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:14:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Hmm. I live in Alabama, not too terribly far away. I assume I'd need an out of state license? What part of the year is the best time of the year for this?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:14:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Wish your were Texas.
View Quote

Dear God, this...
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:23:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Chewing my fingernails cause I have 70 days of leave on the books!!!!

Let me run this by the wife....she needs a vacation in FL!
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:50:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hmm. I live in Alabama, not too terribly far away. I assume I'd need an out of state license? What part of the year is the best time of the year for this?
View Quote

No hunting license needed for hogs on private property in Florida.  Can hunt day or night, 365 days a year.  Need property owners permission.  Can use suppressors, night vision, lights, and thermal.  Can bait them too.  It is great except for the property and crop damage from hogs.

Where I am, panhandle, peanut harvest time in the fall is good when the peanuts are turned up to dry before harvesting.   I will also be out in spring planting time.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:24:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Took my old Navy buddy Mike out and he schwacked his first pig, well done I say. Looks small in the pic but that boar was easily 130 lbs maybe more. We had to drag the body 200 yards to the truck as I coulded get the fence open.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:13:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 10:44:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Have NV, will travel.

Link Posted: 2/2/2015 10:58:10 PM EDT
[#15]
really nice hunting rig.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 11:06:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Nice!
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 11:34:02 PM EDT
[#17]
sounds like a good time!
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 11:40:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Tagged.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 5:24:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

No hunting license needed for hogs on private property in Florida.  Can hunt day or night, 365 days a year.  Need property owners permission.  Can use suppressors, night vision, lights, and thermal.  Can bait them too.  It is great except for the property and crop damage from hogs.

Where I am, panhandle, peanut harvest time in the fall is good when the peanuts are turned up to dry before harvesting.   I will also be out in spring planting time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jacksonville is a 6 hour drive according to Google. That's not terrible at all. I'll see if I can spare any vacation time any time soon
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:41:55 PM EDT
[#20]
email sent
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 12:17:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Ideally it would have been nice to stalk up on these pigs on foot, but after several unsuccessful attempts it looks like baiting them and ambushing them from a hide site is more realistic. I've got groups of 2-3 mature hogs hitting the areas I'm baiting and come spring I expect there to be piglets. This won't be a massacre but if all you want is a good hog to get 40-60 lbs of meat from I welcome anybody who isn't a D-bag.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 5:51:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Tagged.

We try to do a week in Saint Augustine in september. Weren't able to go the last two years cause money was sofa king tight but if we make it this year I may look you up.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 9:46:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Ideally it would have been nice to stalk up on these pigs on foot, but after several unsuccessful attempts it looks like baiting them and ambushing them from a hide site is more realistic. I've got groups of 2-3 mature hogs hitting the areas I'm baiting and come spring I expect there to be piglets. This won't be a massacre but if all you want is a good hog to get 40-60 lbs of meat from I welcome anybody who isn't a D-bag.
View Quote

I'm for sure interested, only bad thing is I have no idea what to do with a hog once I shoot it lol. I'd imagine it's similar to dressing a deer but not quite
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 8:59:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Ever heard of gutless skinning, it's the cleanest fastest and most efficient way of getting the choice cuts, hams, shoulder butts and back straps, you pretty much leave everything else for the vultures and yotes and Bears. Takes about 20-30 minutes per hog.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 11:18:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Ever heard of gutless skinning, it's the cleanest fastest and most efficient way of getting the choice cuts, hams, shoulder butts and back straps, you pretty much leave everything else for the vultures and yotes and Bears. Takes about 20-30 minutes per hog.
View Quote

Here was just 1.5 hours in the woods, a 300 lb black boar and 150 lb Piebald boar, 300blk to the head puts em down hard.

Link Posted: 2/8/2015 7:26:54 PM EDT
[#26]
That's awesome, kudos for offering such a great opportunity to Arfcommers.  If I was in Florida and wasn't too gimped up to get around I'd go for it.  I've lived in Florida so gators and snakes are no big deal.

Anywho, just wanted to say "well done".  Oh and keep posting those pics! I live vicariously through y'alls hog hunting adventures lol.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 7:31:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Here was just 1.5 hours in the woods, a 300 lb black boar and 150 lb Piebald boar, 300blk to the head puts em down hard.

<a href="http://s716.photobucket.com/user/atacorion/media/imagejpg1_zpsecd60eb8.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww166/atacorion/imagejpg1_zpsecd60eb8.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s716.photobucket.com/user/atacorion/media/imagejpg1_zpsecd60eb8.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww166/atacorion/imagejpg1_zpsecd60eb8.jpg</a>

I didn't even know there were piebald hogs, very cool.  One of these days I'll get a chance to hunt hogs, until then my .50 Beowulf cries itself to sleep at night lol.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 6:34:22 AM EDT
[#28]
bump
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 7:03:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Man, this is an awesome thing you are doing for the ARFCOMers. I live in Ocala and I would love to do something like this. What days of the week do you usually go? I am pretty limited by my busy schedule right now, but I might have some days off coming up pretty soon. I might just take you up on this. Thanks for any info!
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 9:25:59 AM EDT
[#30]
OP you sound like a hell of a guy!
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 2:40:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm one of the nicest assholes you'll ever meet.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 4:52:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 11:57:01 PM EDT
[#33]
I sent you an IM and an email. Hope to hear from you soon.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 12:38:16 PM EDT
[#34]
I live in PV and would love to do this.  But I gotta be honest...not a huge fan of snakes.  The gators don't bother me too much, assuming they aren't going to town on an appendage.  

I'll have to give this some thought.  I've got no need for the meat, but could be fun to just get out in the woods and take something with one of my guns.  Is 300blk the preferred cartridge or is 556 enough to get the job done?
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 12:44:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 1:42:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Out of curiosity, is that you on the left.  Whoever it is looks a lot like an old friend from St. Aug/Jax that moved to Ga.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww166/atacorion/imagejpg1_zpsecd60eb8.jpg
Out of curiosity, is that you on the left.  Whoever it is looks a lot like an old friend from St. Aug/Jax that moved to Ga.  

No that is my FIL on the left
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 10:27:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Tagged with interest for a weekend trip.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:03:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Holy smokes. How'd I miss this? I'm very interested if you're still hunting.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:25:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Yes please contact me Mid April and I will get anybody penciled in on my calendar, for when ever they want a night out. I hunt during the week and on weekends so don't feel bad about a mid week hunt if that's what you'd like to do.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:50:27 AM EDT
[#40]
If i ever come down to visit my family i will keep this in mind.

Thanks for the offer.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 7:54:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Yes please contact me Mid April and I will get anybody penciled in on my calendar, for when ever they want a night out. I hunt during the week and on weekends so don't feel bad about a mid week hunt if that's what you'd like to do.
View Quote

Sounds like a plan!
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:44:45 AM EDT
[#42]
I need to find out when I PCS out of Florida but I would love to get in on this. I'm guessing about mid May.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 4:24:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Wrong coast, dang it. Oh well, I'm too gimpy to try it anyway. Darned arthritis.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 11:29:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Have Box, will travel. ;-)

Link Posted: 4/6/2015 3:06:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Alright folks the time draws near my wife has begun baiting a few areas while I am still out of the country on business, hunts will begins the Night of April 20th and go until 30 April I'll take a short vacation with the wife then resume again 11 May all the way until mid June. Remember it's 50$ a head for arfcom members and 75$ for anyone else. I will cut and quarter the hogs for 25$/animal. You can kill and keep what ever you can safely shoot and put down.
Currently my list of equipment includes
1 300blk frankengun with an ATPIAL laser and an AAC 762Sd suppressor and Aimpoint CompM4
1 KAC SR-25 EMC with ATPIAL and EMC suppressor
I set of Sentinel BNVD's
2 Sets of PVS-14's with OMNI7 tubes.
A Torch Pro and various other illumination sources.

Everybody wears an IR chem light for safety reasons as soon as the sun goes down. Primarily we will hunt from a blind, however if the hogs present themselves far enough away and we can dismount the blind without making a bunch of noise we will try to spot and stalk them as long as we are safety cautious.

HUNTS ARE CAPPED AT THIS TIME I AM NOW MAXED OUT.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 1:14:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is really a great thing that you're doing. Thanks
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 11:10:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Am picking up my first AR very soon. I live on the east coast of FL about 2 hours South of  St Augustine. Would love to help you clean up that property. Will you be doing this again anytime soon?
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 8:19:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Sorry guys this no longer applies.
visit www.silentsolutionshunts.com if you want to come out on a hunt
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 8:34:04 AM EDT
[#49]
We will get it organized come over and have some fun with you all and you can come over here and have some fun with us too!

The acron mast crop has dropped here and still coming down good, so they are almost totally off the feeders now, later on this winter when the entire Earth has been rooted all to hell they will be back on the corn.

Just waiting for things to chill out still around here, hardly any waterfowl have showed up yet since it has been 10-20 degrees above normal temperature day and night. Hogs are widely dispersed in the deep woods and swamps still.

Too bad we do not have any Ag crops to hunt over as everything is pure wilderness here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top