Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2015 11:09:13 PM EDT
I have killed a fair amount of hogs over the years. My oldest son (14) killed his first over dogs in the swamps of coastal GA.

He didn't kill a deer this year so I told him we would pick another hunt to go on. Found a place to hunt up to 3 hogs each (6total between us) for just $400.

Hoping this will work out. All baited stands and he guarantees we will see pigs.

Going to take the AR with the new Leupold scope and my trusty .270 for any really long shots.

Will post up  pics and a review of the hunt in case anyone wanted to hunt with them.

Update: all set for tomorrow. Meeting them at 6am sat morning. Packing gear tonight and driving over early.
Weather looks to be perfect. Cold nights and unseasonably warm afternoons. Should get them moving.

Final Report:

18 hours on the stand. 12 Saturday and 6 today. No hogs. Not one.

Saw: turkeys, ducks, squirrels, birds, and a great blue heron. But no hogs.

Apparently this rarely happens but with the freezing temps and almost full moon their activity was off the normal pattern. John offered to have us come back to make sure we do get a few hogs. So I'm looking at my calendar to pick another day to try again. Another hunter did connect on a small one on Saturday.
It's called hunting and not killing for a reason.

But got to spend some very good quality time with my 14 year old. Hard not to talk when your stuck 16 feet in a tree stand for 12 hours.

Pros: good area, lots of sign, heavily baited stands, inexpensive

Cons: no facilities, bring all your own gear and supplies

If you are wanting a hunting lodge and catered food this isnt it. If your looking to spend time in the woods and you are a hunter and there to hunt you will be good.
It is also not far from Oaky Woods WMA which also has a good population of hogs. So you could potentially make a week of it and throw in some days out there. Muzzleloaders are legal for small game and WMA's allow hog hunting on small game season dates. (Until end of February I believe)
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:34:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a good trip for you and your son. Good luck on the hogs and post pics.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:25:17 PM EDT
[#2]
$400/person or $400 total?

Guaranteed to see 3 or kill 3?  Or just guaranteed to see?  What is the policy if you dont see anything?

Where at?

Who is this outfitter?  You can PM it to me if you dont want to post it.  Interested in going late March and this sounds good so far.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:35:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
$400/person or $400 total?

Guaranteed to see 3 or kill 3?  Or just guaranteed to see?  What is the policy if you dont see anything?

Where at?

Who is this outfitter?  You can PM it to me if you dont want to post it.  Interested in going late March and this sounds good so far.
View Quote

$200 each person up to 3 hogs each. It's 1700 acres with baited stands. He told me he is covered up on hogs and guarantees I will see them. Not guaranteed I can kill it. Haha

I have to process them myself which is fine. I prefer to do my own.
And I haven't hunted with him before. It's unguided so he puts us in the stand and we hunt by ourselves.

But for $200 a person I figure if it sucks I'm not out much. And at least get to spend 2 days with my son.

Let me know if you want his info. I will send it over for you. It's outside Macon GA.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:40:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Tag. Please review the trip after. I live in ohio and my 17 year old is in FLA. I've been thinking about having him meet me in GA for a hunt. I'll take the contact info as well. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:07:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Always interested in hunt reports.  I'm in.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:09:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Tag. Please review the trip after. I live in ohio and my 17 year old is in FLA. I've been thinking about having him meet me in GA for a hunt. I'll take the contact info as well. Thanks.
View Quote

What part of Florida? There are several in Okeechobee county that Friends have used . I haven't heard of anybody who went home empty handed. My wife killed two last year........

With her car!

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:32:57 AM EDT
[#7]
This is in GA? Which part? If the guy doesn't mind me and a buddy would be down to do this.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:46:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This is in GA? Which part? If the guy doesn't mind me and a buddy would be down to do this.
View Quote

His property is just east of Macon.

I'm headed over to hunt weekend after next and will let everyone know how it was. Hopefully with some pics of hogs down.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:15:39 AM EDT
[#9]
We need an AA report.

I want to kill some hogs and we got none here3 in Ky I am aware of.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 5:37:43 PM EDT
[#10]
A couple of buddies & I are going the end of Feb. Using Pure Adrenaline outfitters in NC.Never been,will post report after.Good luck to ya !
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 10:29:19 PM EDT
[#11]
If you get good results let me know the name of the outfitter ASAP. I'm dying to kill some hogs, but while they are here in Alabama, they are hard to find. The nearest WMA with them only has about one hunt per year that lasts a few days. You'd think with hogs they'd be open season.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 6:12:03 PM EDT
[#12]
This past year I went twice Hog hunting with this outfitter. www.wrightscreekoutfitter.com.

They have a lots of hogs but the best part is they have skeet course and rifle course in which you compete against each member in your group. They have prizes too!!! Also hunting hogs at night out of the High rack Jeep was a blast. I would highly recommend them. A++ service
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 9:06:47 PM EDT
[#13]
First day report:

Well expected a no frills hunt and so far that is what we have. Stand is decent. Good sign but no hogs today.

This is not a hunting lodge or outfitters type hunting situation. But I knew that ahead of time so not a problem.

If you have hunted middle Georgia before it would be about the same as most any hunting camp you have ever been to. The baiting is solid and most certainly there are hogs.

Hopefully they will show up tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 11:55:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Are you allowed to go out and find them at night?

Daytime stand hunting only will cut your chances way down.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 11:33:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Are you allowed to go out and find them at night?
Daytime stand hunting only will cut your chances way down.
View Quote

Yes we were. However I had left at 2am on Saturday to drive the 3 hours from my place. So by 7pm that night I was about done. Had to get dinner and grab some sleep for the next morning.

Had we come in on Friday night and not had to drive in I would have planned to stay out more at night.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 2:35:13 AM EDT
[#16]
I totally derped and didn't read about the night hunting. Reading answered my question :P
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:33:10 AM EDT
[#17]
On Monday 4 of us drove down to Pure Adrenaline Outfitters in Four Oaks,NC. for our first hog hunt.We got there early,our guide Tyler was nice enough to let us hang out in the cabin till we hit the woods.We were in the woods from 2:30 pm-4 am.(he drops you off at the blinds & picks you up when you want to get out)I missed a good size boar.My brother saw 8.and was able to drop a 80 lb hog.The other 2 didn't see any.For our first time I had a great time.Cabin was real nice.Most blinds were box style.Tyler was not quick on the back & forth e-mails/ communication as I would have liked,but overall a nice guy.I would go back to hunt w/ him again.I feel there is not as many hogs(yet) in the NC as in the more southern states but the drive was not to bad for us and the price was good.If you do a 2 day hunt you get to stay in the cabin for free.He has about 700 acres.He supplies a kill light for your gun.10 day non resident license was $110.00.1 day hunt was $300.00 pp.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 10:57:05 AM EDT
[#18]
I was going to go back down next weekend for the "second" hunt we were offered.

However my son decided to act like a complete idiot on his phone and has lost his privilege of hunting... Along with the phone, games, computer, and pretty much anything else he may have any interest in for the remainder of his life. So no hogs..... teenagers. Whatcha gonna do...

I would reccomend them as a low cost opportunity to shoot hogs, and might even book another hunt late fall with him.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 11:07:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Too bad.  I would have rubbed a little salt in his wound and gone without him.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 6:01:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I was going to go back down next weekend for the "second" hunt we were offered.

However my son decided to act like a complete idiot on his phone and has lost his privilege of hunting... Along with the phone, games, computer, and pretty much anything else he may have any interest in for the remainder of his life. So no hogs..... teenagers. Whatcha gonna do...

I would reccomend them as a low cost opportunity to shoot hogs, and might even book another hunt late fall with him.
View Quote

I know how that goes, I've got a girl about to turn 20 and acts like an 8 year old.  Well, worse than an 8 year old.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top