Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2014 2:37:58 PM EDT
I went hunting for the first time this past weekend near Seymour TX. I was sitting on the ground about 25yrds away from the feeder when I heard this guy chomping on some corn. Flashed my light on him and he took off running. Shot him (might have missed) but then he turned around and ran back towards the feeder then changed direction and headed towards me. Shot him right between the eyes and he dropped. I had a blast and can’t wait to do it again.

My buddy dropped about a 140lb doe with his R700 and I shot this hog, about 200lbs, with my AR.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 2:39:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 2:56:01 PM EDT
[#2]
that's a wild hog  I'm moving
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 3:13:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Awesome stuff.

We just acquired a piece of property that apparently has a shitload of hogs move in at night and tear up the ground. Looks like they tore up about a 1/4 acre overnight. I was thinking about shooting a couple, but I just read they're worth 40 to 50 cents a pound on the hoof to some of the local buyers. I have a cattle trailer, so this might be worthwhile.

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 3:14:12 PM EDT
[#4]
That's a really nice doe!
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 3:18:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 10:39:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Excellent work.  Now... just go find the other 10 million hogs and you will be good to go.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 11:22:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Excellent work.  Now... just go find the other 10 million hogs and you will be good to go.
View Quote

I want to go back out! Some NVG's would be nice as I was just using my hearing to know if something was near the feeder.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 1:18:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Goggle around, I saw some some guys take a cheap digital camera and mount it to a scope with an IR illuminator to get some "nightvision" capabilities on low powered rifles. It has to be the right camera and I'll admit it's kind of redneck, but it was cheaper than going to real nightvision.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 2:09:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Goggle around, I saw some some guys take a cheap digital camera and mount it to a scope with an IR illuminator to get some "nightvision" capabilities on low powered rifles. It has to be the right camera and I'll admit it's kind of redneck, but it was cheaper than going to real nightvision.
View Quote

Ya not a bad idea if you really needed to see.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 2:19:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I want to go back out! Some NVG's would be nice as I was just using my hearing to know if something was near the feeder.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Enjoy it while you can, I kinda miss the days of sneaking around in the dark with nothing but my old crappy shotgun.

Thermal/NV is cool, but there was something primal about doing it the old fashioned way that I miss.

Its kinda like girls: holding hands and making out all night was fun.  3rd base is better, but once you get to third base you just can't go back to holding hands anymore.

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:06:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

X2 You may want to invest in a trap or two.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top