Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2014 8:48:51 PM EDT
Saw lots of hogs with piglets in Pedernales Falls State Park Texas. Too bad you cant hunt them in the park.

Vince
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 1:36:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Texas approved hunting inThree new park  : Palo Duro Canyon State Park, Lake Texana State Park and Stephen F. Austin State Park.
Three other units are returning to the hunt schedule, including: Pedernales Falls State Park, Pedernales Falls SP Annex and Mother Neff State Park. A complete summary of approved state park hunts, including hunt type and date, is available on the TPWD Web site.

ammoland article
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 2:37:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 6:19:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Saw lots of hogs with piglets in Pedernales Falls State Park Texas. Too bad you cant hunt them in the park.

Vince
View Quote

I would also add that we saw a very nice buck several times a 10 pointer. Were it not for my dog barking at it I probably could have hand fed it that is about how close it ventured to our camp site.

Vince
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 10:35:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Texas approved hunting inThree new park  : Palo Duro Canyon State Park, Lake Texana State Park and Stephen F. Austin State Park.
Three other units are returning to the hunt schedule, including: Pedernales Falls State Park, Pedernales Falls SP Annex and Mother Neff State Park. A complete summary of approved state park hunts, including hunt type and date, is available on the TPWD Web site.

ammoland article
View Quote

Checked the website and hogs are not one of the animals hunting is allowed.

Vince
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 4:58:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Pedernales Falls

Unlimited Feral Hog with Centerfire

Pedernales Falls Annex

Unlimited Feral Hogs.  Says "Gun- Deer" but then says only muzzleloader and archery.  

I'm not from or live in Texas, so I have no idea what is involved in the permit process.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 10:04:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Pedernales Falls

Unlimited Feral Hog with Centerfire.
View Quote

Thanks I must have been looking at some old info.

Vince
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 11:55:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Vince
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pedernales Falls

Unlimited Feral Hog with Centerfire.

Vince

No problem.  I'm not going to be hunting there (hell, I can't even begin to pronounce the name of the place), so I hope one of you Texans get some bacon and leave the real Razorbacks alone.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 6:48:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the info!  I am in south Austin and this is only about 40 miles from me.  Only down fall is this is technically a deer season hunt which I just want pigs
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:13:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
[

No problem.  I'm not going to be hunting there (hell, I can't even begin to pronounce the name of the place), so I hope one of you Texans get some bacon and leave the real Razorbacks alone.
View Quote

Most Texas including the local say "Perdenales" when it's actually spelled Pedernales. I think it may go back to LBJ's time in the area. If you tour the LBJ ranch (not a fan of LBJ but a decent tour none the less) the films they show of LBJ speaking about the area he calls it Perdenales. Actually I don't think I have heard anyone pronounce it Pedernales, even the State Park rangers.

Vince
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top