Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2014 3:44:25 PM EDT
I do quite a bit of night hunting of piggies.  Mainly spot and stalk and occasionally popping a squat to watch wood lines and trails to bait stations.  I've been using an older Badlands fanny pack to haul some water and misc supplies, as well as a turkey folding chair that fits in the bed roll straps on the bottom of the fanny pack.  

I've been thinking about going to some kind of mesh vest or chest rig to replace the fanny pack.  It needs to be well ventilated.  I've been thinking about one of the newerkick-stand type turkey vests, but am not thrilled with the pocket set up on any I've seen.  I am very interested in the kick stand type seat so I wouldn't have to pack around a chair for sits.

What do the rest of you use?
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 4:56:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I just sit in the dirt.

Be sure to check for nearby ant piles first. :)
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 5:42:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I have done that a lot, but I have the most white-guy ass in the world.  Back with a crack, no cushioning whatsoever.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 5:46:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I use a slough stool for duck hunting and predator hunting. I zipped tied on a memory foam seat cut from a sofa cushion. Works well light and mobile.
Then i just throw a back pack on, i use the full choke pack from Sitka and i love it.

Edit- with the way i have the pack set up I have quickly clip the stool onto the back of the pack and go
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 6:40:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't stay still so I've never needed a chair
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 9:45:15 AM EDT
[#5]
One of my regular guests uses a typical turkey vest with the fold down seat cushion. He likes to sit down before we shoot due to a back injury. Here is a video of him:

THIS MEANS WAR

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 10:33:43 PM EDT
[#6]
We stay on the move all night.  I have a light Voodoo Tactical (I think) pack.  I put my water bladder, an extra mag, pliers for pulling out thorns, OFF, and extra batteries.  Staying light is key for me staying mobile for hours.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:43:40 PM EDT
[#7]
My personal experience is hogs can smell off spray for miles. After three hunts with it I never used it again
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top