Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2014 6:00:33 PM EDT
I got this one Saturday night. I was focused on sneaking up on another hog that was about 75 yards out in a foodplot. When I passed the corner where the road hits the foodplot, this one was standing there eating about 15' from me. I couldn't see it until I passed that corner because of the tall grass. I shot it high on the other side of its head. I think the bullet hit and veered upward. The entrance wound was behind its ear, but it carved a channel in its skull that pretty much ended at the midline. It was late, so I didn't bother skinning down that far to see what happened. The wound you can see in its chest is where I stuck it after it was down. The .300BLK pistol with with 125gr Ballistic Tips got another one.

ETA: I found the bullet. It must have blown a chunk out of the hogs skull and veered downward and back more than I expected. I found the bullet in the muscle on the lower portion on the outside of the shoulder. It punched in the right side of the skull toward the back, made it out the back of the skull, and stopped in the muscle about midway down the shoulder. Not too bad for penetration. Had it been a broadside shoulder shot, it may have made an exit.

Link Posted: 8/10/2014 9:42:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Mmmmm, bacon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top