Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2014 11:22:18 PM EDT
I hunted some family land tonight with my cousin. This is the first time I've had a chance to really hunt a prepared spot since I got my TNV/PVS-14 about 3 weeks ago. I've gone out in the woods, but it was mainly familiarizing myself with the optic, helmet, etc.

I got set up about 300 yards from where I put out the corn. Hogs come in from all directions on this clearing so I wanted to make sure the wind was in my favor for wherever they might come out. I got set up and immediately noticed something odd. I told my cousin that I saw something, but I couldn't tell what it was. The grass is fairly tall in the spot where the corn is. He looked and said he thought it was a hog but couldn't tell for sure. I decided to get closer for a better look and shined it a few times from where I set up with a Torch Pro, but never saw eyes.

Since I was getting closer, I left the Torch Pro behind and just used the IR WML on my .300BLK pistol. When I was about 25 yards from what I was looking at, I realized there was a bunch of tiny piglets in a group in the tall grass. About that time, a larger pig jumped up and ran about 6 feet before turning to the right completely broadside. I put the dot on my Aimpoint M3 behind it's eye and fired. It dropped right there. I was expecting to see a sow when I got to it, since there were piglets running around, but it was a boar that weighed 175lbs on my scale.

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 4:35:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Awesome! Looks like a blast.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 10:20:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Congrats.  I bet you will be addicted
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 10:45:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 12:04:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:27:08 PM EDT
[#5]
You screwed up!

Addicted for life now. Lol
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 9:00:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You screwed up!

Addicted for life now. Lol
View Quote

I was already addicted. This just turned it up another notch. My cousin said he really should have stayed home because that trip just cost him about $5000, since he is going to have to buy a PVS14, an AR, either an Aimpoint or an IR laser, etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top