Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2014 11:21:12 AM EDT
Went out hunting this morning and just before the sun came up I was walking around one of our cotton fields known to get a lot of hog action(it was a full moon so I felt comfortable walking around)..came up on a sender of hogs about 15 strong and was sizing them up to see where to start(my green hog zilla light wasn't bothering them at all)...one of them got spooked as I was looking at him so I unleashed hell and unloaded both of by 20rd clips as they all ran right at me(not sure if they knew where I was or not since I was using my Saker and turned my light off by accident during all this)...once the dust cleared I could make out some dark blob squirming around on the ground and at first I honestly thought it was a mole or something...immediately afterwards I went straight back to my truck to reload and for the sun to come up all the way to see what was down...as I got back I found that dark blob and it turned out to be freshly born piglets!!!..there was 5 total that apparently fell out of momma pig as she was getting out of dodge...they couldn't open their eyes and couldn't barely breathe and they all died either immediately or soon after...I found what I thought was a huge blood trail but ended up being one of the piglets being dragged by momma as she ran(a couple were still in/attached to their embryotic sacs)..anywho here are the pictures(I hope they aren't too graphic), but I wanted to see if this has happened to anybody else

image by chrisdtaylor53, on Flickr" />

Link Posted: 7/12/2014 3:35:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Hell of a way to go / brought into the world.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 4:08:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Can you make bacon out of them?
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 4:09:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

They would be really tender.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 4:18:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Put em i salad and call em "Bacon Bits" Yip straight to hell imma a going
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 4:43:48 PM EDT
[#5]
My brother killed a preggers sow once and she started dropping babies after he loader her on the ATV, left a trail of them all the way home.  Ewwwww
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 4:48:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My brother killed a preggers sow once and she started dropping babies after he loader her on the ATV, left a trail of them all the way home.  Ewwwww
View Quote

Ill admit, I kinda LOL'd
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 5:29:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Pics of 20 rd. Clips.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 5:33:00 PM EDT
[#8]
baby back ribs???

Had it happen with a dogfish shark, worst part was we didn't know it and just took out the shark, NOT the babies, didn't use the boat for another week, stench was bad enough we didn't fish.

Link Posted: 7/12/2014 5:33:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 5:43:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Emptied two 20 rd. clips and just a couple scare kills you need to hand in your man card until you redeem yourself. And possibly carry a man purse for a week for wanton waste of ammo in sad times of need.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 7:22:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Dwayne, I would recommend you try hunting tactics instead of combat tactics next time.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 8:48:51 PM EDT
[#12]
If you're going to shoot like that you'd better carry a lot more ammo.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 10:08:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bam!  Thats SIG line material boys!!!
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 11:13:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Dwayne, I would recommend you try hunting tactics instead of combat tactics next time.
View Quote

Lmao!

Women and children FTW!
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 11:19:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Emptied two 20 rd. clips and just a couple scare kills you need to hand in your man card until you redeem yourself. And possibly carry a man purse for a week for wanton waste of ammo in sad times of need.
View Quote

Good to see you still kicking man!
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 12:55:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Ha ha ha ya I wasn't gonna go looking for the others that got hit after I didnt find the previously prego momma pig, in all the waist high broom weed and thick misquite trees I wasn't gonna risk walking up on an already injured hog...but I definitely was more than a little disappointed to only find the 2 lying...I just kept jumping from one pig to another as they seemed to be coming closer and straighter for me...I know there are others dead out there but that's my little gift to keep the coyote coming back lol...guess I know what I need to work on
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 2:14:47 AM EDT
[#17]
I've never heard of anything like that in a boar, however I did hear of an old lady who lived in a shoe and had her uterus fall out.  
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 11:55:31 AM EDT
[#18]
SOOOOO……. this one time we we were out in the fields at about 2am just walking looking for some hogs.
Stumble across a medium sized sow and about 6 piglets. We fo and get the sow and knock off three of the piglets(77gr smk didn't treat them well).
After everything calms down we sit and wait, sure enough one of the piglets we miss comes back and we snag her up.

Her name is Paisley. (She is now bigger and is living at  family friends farm.)
She lived in the house for about three months and learned her name, taught her when to go out and had her able to "sit" on occasion for a treat.
Yes we fed her part of her mother for the GD people wondering.

Here is her mom

Also her is the before picture (not posting the other two piglets because they are missing parts of their heads)

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 12:47:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just been busy!
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 3:33:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
My brother killed a preggers sow once and she started dropping babies after he loader her on the ATV, left a trail of them all the way home. Ewwwww
View Quote

Ill admit, I kinda LOL'd
View Quote

i kinda laughed too,  wife didn't
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 7:43:47 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

SOOOOO……. this one time we we were out in the fields at about 2am just walking looking for some hogs.

Stumble across a medium sized sow and about 6 piglets. We fo and get the sow and knock off three of the piglets(77gr smk didn't treat them well).

After everything calms down we sit and wait, sure enough one of the piglets we miss comes back and we snag her up.

Her name is Paisley. (She is now bigger and is living at  family friends farm.)

She lived in the house for about three months and learned her name, taught her when to go out and had her able to "sit" on occasion for a treat.

Yes we fed her part of her mother for the GD people wondering.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b57/pbjunkiee/V__5356_zps97858fc1.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b57/pbjunkiee/WP_20131120_004_zps4716d00f.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b57/pbjunkiee/WP_20131114_015_zpsf879e543.jpg

Here is her mom

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b57/pbjunkiee/WP_20131103_009_zps9749755a.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b57/pbjunkiee/WP_20131105_009_zps8ffaca05.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b57/pbjunkiee/WP_20131104_011_zpsbe6cd60a.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b57/pbjunkiee/WP_20131104_013_zps0f2caddd.jpg

Also her is the before picture (not posting the other two piglets because they are missing parts of their heads)

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b57/pbjunkiee/WP_20131102_010_zps830371d6.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b57/pbjunkiee/V__395D_zps56e683dc.jpg
View Quote

Cute little piggy, care to post pictures of what she looks like now?

Link Posted: 7/14/2014 7:50:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Cute little piggy, care to post pictures of what she looks like now?

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/14/2014 8:49:55 PM EDT
[#23]
I haven't seen her in about two months. Probably pretty big.

buddy says she still knows her name and will come when you call her.

I'll try and get a picture.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 8:59:32 PM EDT
[#24]
I was beaver hunting one evening in the run behind the house with a 10-22.

I got dad and about 10 minutes later, got momma.

Still waiting after sunset, I heard squeaking. I shot three of the little ones before it got too dark to see anything else down in the swamp.

Later in the night, I was walking the little gentle cocker spaniel, Sydney and named after the Olympics that year.

I heard another squeak or two and the spaniel went to the water edge and proceeded to kill that last little f'er for me.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 9:10:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I was beaver hunting one evening in the run behind the house with a 10-22.

I got dad and about 10 minutes later, got momma.

Still waiting after sunset, I heard squeaking. I shot three of the little ones before it got too dark to see anything else down in the swamp.

Later in the night, I was walking the little gentle cocker spaniel, Sydney and named after the Olympics that year.

I heard another squeak or two and the spaniel went to the water edge and proceeded to kill that last little f'er for me.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/14/2014 9:33:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Jesus  lol.   I will say that once I started hunting I seriously considered  becoming a vegetarian.    Cleaning pregnant deer and pulling out a damn near fully formed fetus that's been blown in half after having a .30-06 run though it and momma is where the rubber meets the road.    Than and having a hog scream in pain and terror for a good 3 minutes before it breathed it's last breath after I shot it with my crossbow cured me of my blood lust.     Don't get me wrong I still hunt but now I just don't kill the "cute" ones.    If a deer looks too cute or too dumb to know any better it walks.   I'll damn near always pull the trigger on a hog though because they taste so good.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 9:35:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Once again I will try and keep peace by reminding some folks that in much of the south and certainally most of Texas a wild hog is a nasty disruptive varmint that can cost a landowner or farmer lots of grief and cost. They don't deserve to be treated like a honest game animal but a pest to be destroyed by any means possible.

Not trying to change any ones way of thinking , just pointing out the killing of hogs goes by different rules and customs in different areas of the country
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 9:38:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Once again I will try and keep peace by reminding some folks that in much of the south and certainally most of Texas a wild hog is a nasty disruptive varmint that can cost a landowner or farmer lots of grief and cost. They don't deserve to be treated like a honest game animal but a pest to be destroyed by any means possible.

Not trying to change any ones way of thinking , just pointing out the killing of hogs goes by different rules and customs in different areas of the country
View Quote

Thats what I tell people and it doesn't change their stance on the subject.

Then I break out the numbers and explain the replanting process and the lightbulb usually comes on.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 10:02:52 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View Quote

That's simply not true. Hunting should always be ethical.

Link Posted: 7/14/2014 10:14:20 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Shooting a hog in the butt if you have no other option is ethical.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 10:24:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I usually try and make sure it will get to his heart, brain. But yes. Ass shots on hogs are a green light if its all you have.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:14:06 AM EDT
[#32]
I busted one, one night in High Cotton. Could not find her. 5.56mm had unzipped her. I followed the trail of unborn piglets to the edge of the field where I did find the SOW.

The little pigs were pink and had just developed their hooves.

I have seen some gruesome scenes and am not proud of any of it. But like Bushman said, if you gotta shoot em in the ass, let the brass hit the ground.

Some folks are best left to getting their food from Kroger.

Again, I am not proud of it but will be honest, I like to see eyeballs hanging out of dead Hogs. The meat tastes better when they do not run.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 8:27:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hi,

Well said,  one only needs to visit a pig farm to see how hogs treat each other.  I had friend whose family raised pigs on their farm, several thousand.  Outside of each building there was a pig of half eaten pig carcasses.  A pig would get cut, and his pen pals would snack on him.

Pigs are smart, vicious, cannibals, who will kill/hurt you given the chance.  A hog has no problems taking advantage of people, so the same courtesy should be shown to them.

Best Regards::-)
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 5:41:02 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think you missed the point of his post.  Do you as a hunter give ants, termites, fungi or bacteria fair chase?  Are you ethical in your hunting of the above listed species?

Link Posted: 8/16/2014 5:53:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Hi,

Well said,  one only needs to visit a pig farm to see how hogs treat each other.  I had friend whose family raised pigs on their farm, several thousand.  Outside of each building there was a pig of half eaten pig carcasses.  A pig would get cut, and his pen pals would snack on him.

Pigs are smart, vicious, cannibals, who will kill/hurt you given the chance. A hog has no problems taking advantage of people, so the same courtesy should be shown to them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hi,

Pigs are smart, vicious, cannibals, who will kill/hurt you given the chance. A hog has no problems taking advantage of people, so the same courtesy should be shown to them.

There was a pig farmer who was killed and eaten by his hogs recently.

They only found a few bits and pieces of him in the hog pen.

Somewhere in the PacNW, I think?

There was also that serial killer in BC who fed all his dead hookers to his hogs.

Link Posted: 8/16/2014 11:21:52 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

I think you missed the point of his post. Do you as a hunter give ants, termites, fungi or bacteria fair chase? Are you ethical in your hunting of the above listed species?
View Quote

exactly this, except i would add rats and cockroaches
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top