Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2014 2:34:12 PM EDT
So my dad saw a heli hog hunt video and got all jacked on the idea of us doing a hog hunt together. Once I informed him of the cost he dropped the heli hunt idea, but I showed him the Aimpoint video, where dudes in Europe are standing on trails dropping running boars with bolt actions, and now he's calling and texting every other day asking if I've found any places that have hunts like this. Are hunts like this available in the US?

Aimpoint video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4Wkz58rZOw

We're both located in Wisconsin and are expecting to travel south for this venture, but after doing a bit of googling it seems like there's thousands of options across the country, most of which have vague descriptions of hunts and pricing. I've seen plenty mention sitting on feeders in blinds (which I'm sure is still fun), but we sit in blinds overlooking bait piles when we deer hunt. I know it's not the same thing, but we're just kinda looking for a change of pace; a style of hunting that we don't really have available up here.

Anyone know of anything like this? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 2:59:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Look for a service that specializes in "spot and stalk" with night vision gear. That's the way we do it and its a real hoot.  I don't do guided hunts though, for me its just for population control and funnsies.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:40:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:29:45 AM EDT
[#3]
You might also look into hunting with dogs. I've not done in myself, but the videos I've watched are nothing like the still or spot n stalk hunts I've been on.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:43:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the input, guys. I'll look into NV and dogs.

TNVC,
I checked out the website and Wild River looks pretty interesting. It's going on my short list of possibilities, I'm sure my dad would dig it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:29:51 PM EDT
[#5]
wild river ranch
jager-pro
tbone outfitters
tactical hog control

Link Posted: 5/1/2014 6:59:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the input, guys. I'll look into NV and dogs.

View Quote

I went with DB Hunting Ranch a few years ago and did one of their hog dog hunts and it was a blast.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top