Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2014 5:38:01 PM EDT
Went for a hunt a few weeks ago and finally got a chance to post about it. Would really recommend Jason at Hog Heaven Hunts near Freer. Me and two of my other buddies took the $500 package and couldnt be any happier and look forward to getting back down. Well worth the drive!
Hog Heaven Hunts

Not bad for a guy stuck behind the lines in Illinois!!! 120-130 yards out in fog and rain!
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 6:26:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Ain't it fun. Nothings more fun to hunt and there isn't a limit. Hope they let you shoot more then one. How many came to the feeder?
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 7:48:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Good deal. Nice hog and thanks for passing along the info. Looks like me and two buddies are going to call Friday to schedule a hunt. See any snakes while you were out? Any advice of what you would have brought or wouldn't have brought for a fellow arfcommer stuck behind the lines with you.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 2:00:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Great job!

Stocksix I've been seeing snakes out on the roads at night warming themselves for the last week or so.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 5:26:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry I havent gotten back to a few replys on here. When we went I didnt see any snakes, but it was a little cooler around that time. As for what to bring or not bring:
Bring:
headlamp (maybe red beam)
warmer cloths for night hunts
good knife
sidearm (brush gets pretty thick in south Texas)
night vision (hogs are WAY more active at night it seems)
extra batteries
TP or baby wipe like TP things (bring with on stands....you will thank me later )
coolers with ice
good attitude and remember its hunting not killing, you may get one or more but remember sometimes its just being out there that counts.
camera or phone (charger and batteries) on the stand, I got some awesome pics of deer and other animals also
extra ammo...its expensive and some ammo calibers are really hard to find in smaller towns

Not bring:
bad attitude
jitters
stuff that cant get wet or really dusty

sorry i cant think of anything else right now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top