Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2014 5:25:17 PM EDT
Well the weekend started out very well just a few minutes into the hunt and I spotted a lone boar out rooting in a pasture!   After a several hundred yard stalk I hit record and took a shoulder shot, the boar took off like a bolt of lightning!  As he was running I took two more shots one miss and one good solid thud.  He ran into a brush pile and collapsed but he had still covered about 60 yards.  After what happened with the gold dots last trip I was worried that somehow I grabbed the wrong magazine's but no it was my trusty 120 sst's.   The first shot hit center shoulder and exited behind the opposite shoulder.  There were chunks of lung all down his side and a piece of lung hanging out about 2"x 2".  He was 210 pounds.

Not 15 minutes later I spot another lone boar crossing a open pasture but moving at an angle away from me.  As I was trying to figure out how to get in front of him he suddenly changed directions and started coming down the fence line right towards me!  When he was about 60 yards I took a forehead shot and he was DRT he weighed 240 pounds.  There was a sounder with him but they made it across the fence where I cannot shoot and will live to star in my next hunting video I guess.

The next boar was just out rooting in a open pasture the wind was perfect and I stalked up to about 60 yards again and put one right behind his ear he went down DRT and was a healthy 245 pounds with some nice cutters.

After that I met up with some friends and we took out on his golf cart he was showing me the property when I spotted another lone boar.  I told him there was a hog and he tells me no those are horses after bantering back and forth for a few minutes I finally told him no look about 500-600 yards out then he sees the hog LOL.  I was trying for another neck shot but he was moving and it hit back on the shoulder. He ran in a complete circle about 30 yards spewing blood out the whole way almost dying in the spot where I shot him.
This is the exit side he was 190 pounds.

Ended up killing 6 boars and one pregnant sow it was a fun hunt.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 5:35:23 PM EDT
[#1]
awesome

rick got one a few minutes ago
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 5:50:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn, nice shooting!  There are rumors of hogs in the wild near my location in Southern Wisconsin....could be interesting to see what happens up here.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 7:53:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I need to move to texas...
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 8:31:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I need to move to texas...
View Quote

You have some nice hogs in Florida I hear.  I plan on going out there and hunting some one of these days.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 10:46:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I had a blast, hopefully next time I'll have the bugs worked out of the golfcart.
My wife want me to "UNfreind" you, I wont stop going on about the thermal
I will never be the same
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 1:23:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Good grief. Where in Texas do you hunt?
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 1:40:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have places all over the state but six of the seven hogs killed this weekend were in Limestone county.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 1:21:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I have places all over the state but six of the seven hogs killed this weekend were in Limestone county.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've got kin near there. If you ever hunt near Denton County, remember a fellow arfcom-er!
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 9:23:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Do those scopes seem heavy?
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 1:07:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Do those scopes seem heavy?
View Quote

More bulky than heavy.  When I first got it I was concerned about the size but after using it for the last few weeks I love it!  The AR with suppressor, w1000, full magazine, laser, and illuminator weighs the same as my M1a with a day scope.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top