Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2014 1:05:29 PM EDT
So I wish my plans to win mega millions or powerball would finally happen, but not yet. In the mean time night vision is not going to happen for a long time. Went hog hunting and loved it and at night was awesome with the Pulsar n750, but the guide only has one rifle set up for night hunting. Any experience with hunting lights? Most feeders are set up under 150 yards to the hunt blinds. Here are some I have been looking at:
ND3
W400
M1000 Fusion

Any suggestions or recommendations or any other lights would be great.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 7:35:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I have 2 Wicked W400's and I like them.  I primarily predator hunt and have red LEDs.  I think 150 yards is about the maximum I could expect to positively ID a coyote in optimum conditions.  The drawback is that a Wicked hunting light kit is pricey.

I just ordered the following light kit:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/UniqueFire-HS-802-Cree-green-light-led-hunting-flashlight-torch-set-with-2pcs-3600mAh-battery-charger/1491303031.html

You can get whatever color LED you want: red, green, blue or white

You can order picatinny 1" scope ring kits (high profile) from Amazon for about $10 for a set of 2.  I ordered the Accushot Universal Picatinny/Weaver Rings 1", #RGWM-25H4  These appear to be the exact light mounts that came with my Wicked lights.

These lights were recommended on another hunting related forum.  I figure for 1/3 the cost, I would give them a try.  In about a month when they arrive from China, I will let  you know how they work.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 9:30:39 PM EDT
[#2]
nd3 -  sub zero

will do everything you need and some things you cannot

Link Posted: 3/29/2014 8:37:57 PM EDT
[#3]
OP, give these guys a look http://www.feederlights.com/
I hope it's ok to link?

I own several different ones, from the scope light to the 1500 sendero.
I have killed 100's of hog with them over the years, they are rugged as hell, one even took a trip down the highway & never missed a lick.
Some friends of mine hunt with thermal & night vision & while it's cool, I still prefer to use lights, I can see the whole pasture without having to look thru a viewfinder & loosing MY nightvision.
Every person that has hunted with me that used the ND3 has spooked the hogs off, I wouldn't recommend it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 4:47:18 AM EDT
[#4]
We have had great luck with the ELUSIVE WILDLIFE products.  
I run the 250 green on the 308 and the 250 Red on the 5.56.  Plus all of our feeders and the one water trough have EWildlife's feeder lights attached to them as well.  Remote controlled and not to expensive is what won us over with using them.  Plus they have held up really well going on almost 3 years with their products.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top