Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2014 3:12:17 PM EDT
Our family is spread out across the US and once a year the guys meet up somewhere for some shooting and a lot of eating and drinking.  We've done prairie dogs the last few years but this year we decided on a hog hunt.  We found a reasonable place in Tennessee that we can have to ourselves, and it's pretty much central for all those that can make it.  It's one of those "game farm" type places, not my idea but whatever works to get everyone together.  The guy that owns the place said everything is included, just bring your gun, clothes and beer.  He also said that tipping the guide was appreciated.  How much should a guy tip a guide in this situation?  We've always been on our own prairie dog hunting.  

They have their pricing broken down to so much for a meat hog, and so much for a trophy hog, a trophy hog being over 250 lbs.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 3:19:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link?  Or what's the name for this place
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 4:34:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 5:38:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Is that per person??  $500 for a meat hog with $750 for a trophy.  Based on the price if you get your meat hog I would tip about $200 per paid hunter.  That is about the going rate from what I can see.  But as they said tipping is appreciated so you give what you feel is fair. They do get a portion of the hunt fee. Good luck.  Oh I did see they have a break for 5 or more.  Have fun.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 6:09:33 AM EDT
[#4]
It is per person, includes all meals, bedding, etc.  Compared to what we've been getting dinged for prairie dog hunting the last year or two it's not a bad deal.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 9:46:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I really start taking people on hunts.  I'm passing up a lot of money.  :(
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 12:47:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really start taking people on hunts.  I'm passing up a lot of money.  :(
View Quote

Bit you're also missing out on a lot of headaches...
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 8:38:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It is per person, includes all meals, bedding, etc.  Compared to what we've been getting dinged for prairie dog hunting the last year or two it's not a bad deal.
View Quote
That is high priced..

Florida meat hogs $150-180.

Trophies by tusk size, not weight.. $350-390. 2in starts trophy.

Some places any tusk is a trophy. So you have to check..

Local hotels in the area $55-100.

Plus you can use knife if you want too.

Money you save here, sends you to Disney..

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top