Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 1:49:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Need some 5.7x28!
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 8:59:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DOG556:  Need some 5.7x28!
View Quote

Holy Necro-thread, Batman!  Maybe @PursuitSS has some.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 9:23:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 11:16:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 12:13:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TX-Zen] [#5]
Tiger SVD with Voodoo S and FEYG SVD with the TigIR
I don't hunt as much these days with the Tiger compared to the AK105, but the Tiger has been a ton of fun to hunt with. I've used it from a mule plenty of times and done a lot of stalking on foot too. It's a pig to carry around all night, but as long as you stay on the sling it's not too terrible

The TigIR has been awesome on the SVD Tiger
The Tig isn't the greatest thermal resolution-wise. It does have an excellent 640 core, but there is no objective or occular focus, and it tends to be kind of grainy. What I like about it though is that my unit appears to have perfect collimation, and because of that I can move it from rifle to rifle with no significant change in POI or hold overs. That makes it really easy to swap from gun to gun on the fly

My main helmet rig is an Ops Core ballistic. BNVD-UL with L3 WP tubes and a COTI

AK105 with TigIR clip on thermal and Perst 3 IR laser. The 105 has become my favorite hog gun hands down. 5.45 with 7N6 gets it done

Same 105 but painted and with the Voodoo S. This is my 2024 configuration, and I think it's going to stay like this for a while. It does everything I need and then some

SLR104FR with Browe BTO and Perst 3

PSA 6.5 grendel and REAP-IR
For a $350 upper, this thing shoots close to 1 MOA and has been ultra reliable. I'm genuinely impressed and have downed a crap ton of hogs with it
This ol boy was a 252 yard shot which is about the limit of what I'll pull the trigger on. 1 round, DRT. PSA gettin it done

This was the REAP view prior to the boar showing up. He was at the same location as the deer on the left of the fence, and scared them off when he came up

I doubt I could ever repeat this shot, but I did it once at least . 190 yard daylight shot against a squirrel. I was parked at the top of the crest

KAC. These were all IR laser kills

9x39 with TigIR clip on thermal
As you'd expect, the 300 black subsonic reticule is on point and very effective. 9x39 Wolf ammo is 278gr FMJ, but the jacket peels off in a 4 petal pattern and stays shallow, but the FMJ keeps on going and gets excellent penetration at subsonic velocities. Every hog I've hit so far has been DRT, which was a pleasant surprise

No hogs yet, but the 9x19 KR9 is an excellent varmint gun
Klesch 2 IR laser is legit at 50 yards and the surefire has a red light filter for naked eye night shooting. The Skeet IR is not optimal in this configuration, but for less than 50 yards it's passable

Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top