Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2011 8:44:24 PM EDT
If you can't tell the difference between a human and a bear, don't be a stupid ass and shoot!

Marine Reservist Shot & Killed
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 9:21:25 PM EDT
[#1]
RIP Marine

Link Posted: 10/22/2011 9:25:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Originally Posted By nightdh:

RIP Marine

this really sucks, can't we teach people not to shoot unless they are sure of their target and whats behind it?

Link Posted: 10/23/2011 3:07:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By coldair:
Originally Posted By nightdh:
RIP Marine

this really sucks, can't we teach people not to shoot unless they are sure of their target and whats behind it?

Plenty of morons out there who literally just shoot at movement in the woods when hunting.  The only reason these kinds of accidents aren't more common is because they are usually poor shots.
Link Posted: 10/30/2011 4:53:14 PM EDT
[#4]
very sad story    big reason why i wear orange when I'm hunting to many idiots from nyc come north and blast away.. Kind of hard to not notice a large pumpkin sitting in the tree.
Link Posted: 10/30/2011 11:09:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: d-ride] [#5]
Originally Posted By Gamma762:
Plenty of morons out there who literally just shoot at movement in the woods when hunting.  The only reason these kinds of accidents aren't more common is because they are usually poor shots.

This is what saved a buddy of mine while turkey hunting. The jack ass shot on sound/movement.

RIP
Link Posted: 5/7/2012 6:36:33 PM EDT
[#6]
He had his grandson with him. What a lesson!
R.I.P Marine!!
Link Posted: 10/29/2012 8:01:24 AM EDT
[#7]
The death was very bad news, RIP Marine,,

BUT this also is bad  "The Marion County District Attorney's Office will determine whether to bring charges against the hunter, but told the newspaper the shooting appeared to be accidental."

Negligent homicide at the min should be forth coming.

ebr666

Link Posted: 10/29/2012 8:09:00 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll bet the grandfather was blind.
Link Posted: 10/29/2012 8:18:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By cviss:
very sad story    big reason why i wear orange when I'm hunting to many idiots from nyc come north and blast away.. Kind of hard to not notice a large pumpkin sitting in the tree.

I had a shotgun drawn on me on private property and no one had permission but us. Dumb bastard nearly shot me while trespassing....... I was wearing a RED plaid coat, hunters orange wasn't out in the 70's. Clevelanders are a bane on Ohio hunting.

Semper Fi, brother.

I hope he catches a Negligent Homicide charge.

Link Posted: 10/29/2012 10:15:45 AM EDT
[#10]
RIP

How much do you want to bet that the Grandfather is covering for his 12 year old grandson?
Link Posted: 10/29/2012 10:32:53 AM EDT
[#11]
dupe.

This is last year's news.
Link Posted: 10/29/2012 1:30:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Not a dupe.  The original post is from last year.
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 7:06:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Negligent homicide should be punishable by many years in prison.
Link Posted: 12/14/2012 11:05:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By cstaalin:
RIP

How much do you want to bet that the Grandfather is covering for his 12 year old grandson?

I think you hit the nail on the head sadly...
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 12:27:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bldsmith] [#15]
No the Grandfather was not covering for the grandson and last I heard they were prosecuting him.  He had a record of brush hunting and poaching in the past, at least that is what was reported.
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 9:37:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By garretts1776:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By garretts1776:
Originally Posted By cstaalin:
RIP

The investigators would uncover that PDQ. A 12 y/o wouldn't be able to keep it together under questioning.

I'm going with grandpa was a fucking idiot and shot without properly identifying his target.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top