User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 11:12:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By rocky59:
Thank you sir.

On that note anybody know a good internet site you can send your pictures to and get some decent prints of them?

Also if any of you have any suggestions or pictures of what you really like with mounts post them up, I have everything but the zebra and hog set up for pedestal mounts
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bills2961:
you better reinforce some walls ha ha. that's a good bit of weight your gonna hang.

some nice mounts Im sure.
Thank you sir.

On that note anybody know a good internet site you can send your pictures to and get some decent prints of them?

Also if any of you have any suggestions or pictures of what you really like with mounts post them up, I have everything but the zebra and hog set up for pedestal mounts

Roland at trophyshotprints does good work.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 11:53:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Awesome.

New item on my bucket list.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 4:29:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Trophies cleared customs and heading to the tannery. Can't wait! But my pocket book is quivering in the corner begging me to stop
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 2:28:47 AM EDT
[#4]
need update
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 12:43:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By krd:

need update
View Quote
Yes yes of course.

All animals are at the taxidermist, just waiting on my dollars to get started. The ones I am getting done first are- warthog skull, springbok, red hartebeest, and the impala. I'm in the process of moving so I figured better save the big stuff for the new man cave. I can't wait to see them again.

Not to mention I have a chance at a couple gold medals and maybe if I'm lucky a world record on my hartebeest. Thanks for your intrest!

And oh ya I'm going back this time next year, can't stop thinking about it!
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 5:01:37 PM EDT
[#6]
SIMPLY WOWWWWWWWWWWWW thanks for taking me lol .I've herd its like potato chips you cant just go once .Man its the hunt or my Harley or the down payment on the Harley .
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 5:06:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Originally Posted By 4719DAVE:

SIMPLY WOWWWWWWWWWWWW thanks for taking me lol .I've herd its like potato chips you cant just go once .Man its the hunt or my Harley or the down payment on the Harley .
View Quote
My safari friend and I made a promise that if Trump was pres we would go every year, this year another plains game hunt and then 2018 is buff and other goodies in Mozambique!

Link Posted: 11/13/2016 6:12:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Im supposed to be going to S.A. this summer. Im REALLY looking forward to it. Ive spent a lot of time in the horn (Dj) but none down south. Did I mention Im way stoked about it!
Truth be told I dont even hunt but Ive really enjoyed the Capstick, and others books. As luck would have it I built a 375 trued up 700 with a new Shilen barrelbefore I found out about the hunt, so I may take that with me depending on the customs hassle.  
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 6:20:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Originally Posted By 53gunner:

Im supposed to be going to S.A. this summer. Im REALLY looking forward to it. Ive spent a lot of time in the horn (Dj) but none down south. Did I mention Im way stoked about it!

Truth be told I dont even hunt but Ive really enjoyed the Capstick, and others books. As luck would have it I built a 375 trued up 700 with a new Shilen barrelbefore I found out about the hunt, so I may take that with me depending on the customs hassle.  

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o63/flemgunner/12193641_1082330581792172_1121295577841111973_n.jpg
View Quote
customs is a cinch if you pay for the "handlers". They meet you when you get off the plane and grab your bags for you, make the people signing the book hussle, then yell at the custom officers to hurry up, its very surreal but you get in and out in no time.

When I head to the eastern cape you have 2 hours from when you land in Jberg to get on the flight to East London. best $125 (less if you split it with a buddy) I have ever spent.

depending on what you are going after, bring that 375 and a medium caliber with a pretty decent zoom scope on it. My average shot was around 300 meters. and If you want a baboon or jackal they are sometimes 500-700 meters out.

Link Posted: 12/3/2016 1:45:54 PM EDT
[#10]

customs is a cinch if you pay for the "handlers". They meet you when you get off the plane and grab your bags for you, make the people signing the book hussle, then yell at the custom officers to hurry up, its very surreal but you get in and out in no time.

When I head to the eastern cape you have 2 hours from when you land in Jberg to get on the flight to East London. best $125 (less if you split it with a buddy) I have ever spent.

depending on what you are going after, bring that 375 and a medium caliber with a pretty decent zoom scope on it. My average shot was around 300 meters. and If you want a baboon or jackal they are sometimes 500-700 meters out.  
View Quote

Good advice here. Truth!
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 7:31:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By 53gunner:
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o63/flemgunner/12193641_1082330581792172_1121295577841111973_n.jpg
View Quote

Taking a rifle to SA is no big deal, even less if you pay for a meet/greet service.

AfricaSky is who I used.  Easy peasy.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:14:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Tommy101:
I need to do a safari
View Quote
How'd it go?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:18:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheHunstman] [#13]
So jealous OP! That is on my bucket list...

Yikes, talk about old thread!
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 6:23:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Is OP still around? I’d like to see the mounts!
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 6:54:06 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm just here for timetraveler Tommy's safari story.

This is his last active topic.

Link Posted: 1/4/2024 3:18:48 PM EDT
[#16]
OP split this universe.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top