Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2011 8:04:23 AM EDT
I am sure some of u have seen theses. Hippo charge
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 2:29:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Just doesn't look very sportsman like ot me.  Guy provokes animals to charge just so he can get a good video.  Doesn't pas the ethical sniff test.  The odds will get him one day.  That guy is pratically begging Murphy to drop by.
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 2:56:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I hope he never has a misfire.
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 3:06:15 PM EDT
[#3]
He's a showboat and a tool.

That being said, that is a nice rifle
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 3:18:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Welcome to 2006.

TRG
Link Posted: 10/20/2011 7:40:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By QuicksilverJPR:
He's a showboat and a tool.

That being said, that is a nice rifle

+1.  There are two rifle being fired. What an ass.

Link Posted: 11/30/2012 9:58:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Nearly as bad as nugent spearing a baited bear from a tree stand.  Ridiculous
Link Posted: 11/30/2012 10:00:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By badguybuster:
Nearly as bad as nugent spearing a baited bear from a tree stand.  Ridiculous

Welcome back to a year ago...

TRG
Link Posted: 11/30/2012 10:39:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By esa17:

I hope he does.
Link Posted: 11/30/2012 10:51:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Why elephants?
Link Posted: 12/2/2012 5:08:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Why shoot a zebra?  Basically a striped mule
Link Posted: 12/3/2012 12:43:20 AM EDT
[#11]

Originally Posted By BCV:
Why elephants?

Why not?  You realize this is the Hunting sub-forum right?
Link Posted: 12/3/2012 8:32:12 AM EDT
[#12]

Basically you don't know what you are talking about.

Link Posted: 12/3/2012 9:56:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Hizzie:

Originally Posted By BCV:
Why elephants?

Why not?  You realize this is the Hunting sub-forum right?

well aware of where I am... now answer the question.
Link Posted: 12/3/2012 11:56:26 AM EDT
[#14]
ever hear of the term "game management"?

clown
Link Posted: 12/11/2012 12:07:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Properly managed elephant herd populations are on the rise.  Hunter fees provide an income source not only to the PH but also the locals.  The meat goes to the people and everything is used.  In countries were no herd management is being used the populations are on the decline.  This is due to the fact that there is no incentive for the locals to prevent poaching.
Link Posted: 12/17/2012 1:09:33 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't have a problem with hunting hippo, buff, zebra or elephants. I've been charged by hippos and elephants on more than a few occasions, but have never had the opportunity to hunt dangerous game.
That said, this guy is an asshole.
1. Provoking a charge and then shooting the animal for film purposes is just not right
2. Distances can be deceiving on film, but it looked like he was using a double at 100+ meter range on some of the buff and elephant? WTF?
3. Taking broadside running shots at elephant and buffalo at that range? Really?
4. I'd ask for my money back if this PH took me on a hunt...in fact, we probably wouldn't even leave camp if I had a chance to meet him before the hunt. He looks and sounds like an arrogant dumbass. How did he get his PH license?

I agree, this does not pass muster...
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 11:07:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JoseyWales] [#17]
Sorry, but I cant believe the comments here.  The guy is going to kill an animal.  Who friggen cares if he gives the animal the first strike opportunity?  Big friggin deal.  How is this un-ethical?  The animal dies within seconds.  Is he hunting without a license?  Did he leave it wounded?  Did he brand it with an iron and torture it to death?

I am very surprised that the people who are busy trying to defend their freedoms in this day an age are ///edit/// discussing  a hunter going out and enjoying himself.....seriously.  Maybe we should be concerned if he used a rifle that has a magazine and pistol grip.

Oh..sorry...I didn't mean to disturb some Harvard tea party intellectual conversation at the tennis club .....  holy shit..

Seriously....very petty...
Link Posted: 8/3/2013 9:02:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JoseyWales:
Sorry, but I cant believe the comments here.  The guy is going to kill an animal.  Who friggen cares if he gives the animal the first strike opportunity?  Big friggin deal.  How is this un-ethical?  The animal dies within seconds.  Is he hunting without a license?  Did he leave it wounded?  Did he brand it with an iron and torture it to death?

I am very surprised that the people who are busy trying to defend their freedoms in this day an age are ///edit/// discussing  a hunter going out and enjoying himself.....seriously.  Maybe we should be concerned if he used a rifle that has a magazine and pistol grip.

Oh..sorry...I didn't mean to disturb some Harvard tea party intellectual conversation at the tennis club .....  holy shit..

Seriously....very petty...
View Quote
I agree. If I could afford an African safari Mark Sullivan is who I'd book it with. He is the best. And has bigger balls than anybody else in his field. He not only gives the client the most hair raising hunt of his life but he is also the best backup in case the client freezes. And that is what the client is paying for. Pure adrenaline. He tracks them down and makes them charge. That's ballsy and awesome. Las Vegas has a safari convention every year and all of these African outfitters attend and have there booths set up to promote their businesses and Mark Sullivan was one of the major $$$ supporters of it. The other safari companies got together and ban him from attending because they thought his hunting techniques were "Unethical" Such B.S. That's what happens when the competition is jealous of your success. Of course that ban didn't last long. Marks clients get the best of the best and are pampered. He is a genius salesman and knows how to stroke their ego's and that's why they come back. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ffVTHykS54  
Link Posted: 8/3/2013 11:52:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: USMC6177] [#19]
View Quote

HA

F that.

Mountain Zebra was the hardest of the plains game I took.  10 fucking miserable hours of chasing fucking striped mountain goats.

came away bloody and torn up from crawling on the ground for an hour only to get busted.  Everything is fucking sharp there
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 12:08:27 AM EDT
[#20]
What an asshole..........
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 8:52:34 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

I kinda hope he does
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 11:51:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Aimpointin:

I kinda hope he does
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I kinda hope he does

This is the safari sub forum.  If you are a PETA loving hippy you can leave.  Don't let the door hit you where the lord split you
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 11:52:03 PM EDT
[#23]
i think his luck ran out and he was torn up  pretty good.  if your client gets mauled and you put him in a dangerous situation you will go to prison in these countries.  the PH is responsible for your safety.  putting your client in these charge situations is considered bad form, and very looked down upon by reputable hunters.

alex
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:02:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: alpha0815] [#24]
Originally Posted By USMC6177:

http://vjarmy.com/junkbin/gtfo.gif

This is the safari sub forum.  If you are a PETA loving hippy you can leave.  Don't let the door hit you where the lord split you
View All Quotes

I kinda hope he does

Yep, just had to see for myself...that this sub-forum is not totally, but mostly made up of older, little-dick fat men that dare anyone (over the internet) to question or justify their overpriced zebra, elephant, and hippo hunting.

Guess I'll head back over to the deer, duck ,and hog hunting forums with the rest of my PETA loving hippy friends

Link Posted: 9/8/2014 1:44:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By alpha0815:

Yep, just had to see for myself...that this sub-forum is not totally, but mostly made up of older, little-dick fat men that dare anyone (over the internet) to question or justify their overpriced zebra, elephant, and hippo hunting.

Guess I'll head back over to the deer, duck ,and hog hunting forums with the rest of my PETA loving hippy friends

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By alpha0815:

I kinda hope he does

Hippo-crit
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 4:58:22 PM EDT
[#26]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top