Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Which 375 H&H? (Page 2 of 2)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 8:38:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I5 Guns in Lacey WA has a great deal on a Sako L61 in a McMillan stock. That would be a solid choice. Very light though.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 12:53:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Combat_Jack:

I've heard a lot of negative stuff about the X-bolt.
View Quote
What stuff?  Have 3 of them here and they shoot good.  The Remington 798, not imported anymore, was an ideal weight for the 375.  The m70 is on the high end of weight for a 375 in the safari trim imo, but the Alaskan variant is pretty close to ideal.  The cz550 is too heavy until you get into the Lott realm.  The m70 is perfect for the 416 Remington mag,  have one and love it
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 4:24:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Burnsome-] [#3]
Attachment Attached File

Winchester 70 375H&H.  Had the barrel shortened to 20 inches.  Dont shoot it much anymore but when I do i usually use a lead-sled.  Put a leupold 1.5-5x scope on it and can shoot about 1.5 MOA at 100 with 300gr handloads if I do my part.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 11:00:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
Thats pretty...
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 8:24:09 PM EDT
[#5]
There's a photo of Eleanor O'Connor holding a Winchester 375 next to a tiger she just killed with it in one of Jack O'Connor's books.  If you see that, you will always want the Winchester.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 12:35:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: disorientedpilot] [#6]
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 7:27:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Sako is a great rifle.

Guaranteed MOA out of the box

That said, the majority of big bore folks want a classical CRF (Mauser) action and resale, if that matters to you, may be a bit less with a non-CRF rifle.

Pretty rifle, no doubt!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Which 375 H&H? (Page 2 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top