Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2017 8:36:11 PM EDT
So I've been playing around with the idea of using a Mossberg 930 spx or a mka 1919 match for turkey.

I like the idea of a shorter gun. And the possibility of a red dot.
Anybody tryed either of these for turkey? The 1919 is threaded but the 930 is not. Would it be worth getting the barrel threaded on it?
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 8:41:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I've used 24" benelli and 21" Remington 870 with good success.

Shorter bbl much easier to maneuver when moving on the ground or in a blind.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 8:52:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Ya I have an 870 right now pretty sure it's a 24inch. I just think it would be fun to use something different. I hate to buy one of those for this and realize that the patterning sucks
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 9:59:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ya I have an 870 right now pretty sure it's a 24inch. I just think it would be fun to use something different. I hate to buy one of those for this and realize that the patterning sucks
View Quote
My 10 gauge BPS is a 24 inch, have used it on snow geese and a spring turkey so far(bought it in February at a pawnshop where it had been sitting for a year, those are the only seasons that have been open).

Shot one once years ago with an 18" defense gun but I lucked into a very close bird when I wasn't planning on turkey hunting that day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top