Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2017 9:04:09 AM EDT
What is your favorite 3" turkey load and favorite turkey choke?

I'm new to turkey hunting but want to give it a try this year. I'll be using a Benelli M4 with a 18" barrel but it takes interchangeable chokes. I know this isn't a turkey gun per se but I see quite a few turkey guns with shorter barrels so I feel that with the right choke I should be able to make it work, at least for this season until I can decide if turkey hunting is for me.
Thanks for any help guys
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:01:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I use an Undertaker choke and Winchester Supreme Double X 6's. Shortest kill was just over 20yds longest was 42yds. They all went down just fine. My barrel is 21"
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 5:33:21 AM EDT
[#2]
The Longbeard XR 3" 5 or 6 shoot well in my 870 with Primos Tight Wad choke tube.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:40:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Out of my 26" barrel 11-87 I use Winchester Long Beard XR #5 shot with a Carlson Long Beard XR. 660, and out of my 26" 870 I like using my Pure Gold .670.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top