Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2017 7:42:36 PM EDT
I've been doing some duck hunting along the Rio Grande, all jumpshooting. Currently I have been using a SXS Ithaca 20 gauge (unsure of measured barrel length; not long enough.) I'm looking to buy a new shotgun for next season, and I'm considering another DB. Wondering who uses Over/Under vs SXS, and what your thoughts are? I've considered a semi-auto, but I find I most often can do much better shooting two rounds, reloading two more and getting four shots off as opposed to loading three more shells into a semi auto (based on experience using buddies semi auto remington)

That, and I really enjoy shooting double barrels, so I'm not looking to buy a semi. Mostly considering CZ shotguns, I have lots of CZ handguns and am pleased with them...And they offer 25% off for military/LEO, so....Thought? O/U or SXS?
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 6:05:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Find a used browning citori.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 6:19:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Find a used browning citori.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 10:25:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I just bought a bobwhite 20gauge.  Heard mixed reviews but the price is right and I am co-located with CZ here and they have a good warranty.  I'll let you know after I pattern it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 6:40:32 PM EDT
[#4]
If you are set on using an O/U I'll echo the previous statements and recommend a used Citori.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 5:15:00 PM EDT
[#5]
If you're considering a pump at all, I've been VERY happy with my Winchester SXP waterfowl.  Supposedly one of the fastest pump guns on the market, comes in RealTree Max 5 and durable as hell.

$341 from Buds in Max 5 but I think you can order in shadow grass as well.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/82369/Winchester+512260291+SXP+Waterfowl+4+1+3.5%22+12ga+26%22

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top