Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2016 10:44:11 PM EDT
What is the recommended make model for the most efficient and easy blank pistol for training a dog?
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 12:03:52 AM EDT
[#1]
We did some temperament tests on dogs with .22 blanks.   Easily bought online and everyone has a .22 revolver around the house.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 12:06:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Goggle will get you to several sites like Gun Dog Supply.  Recommend the 32 caliber over the 22.  I see they now offer a 209 primer blank pistol, something that wasn't around back in my bird dog training days.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 11:00:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Goggle will get you to several sites like Gun Dog Supply.  Recommend the 32 caliber over the 22.  I see they now offer a 209 primer blank pistol, something that wasn't around back in my bird dog training days.
View Quote

Not a bad idea if you use it a lot. 22 crimps are .12/ea at my usual dog supply place.

Actually considering cutting down some super colibri 22s because I dont want to pay that much for crimps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top