Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2016 10:10:48 AM EDT
Those of you who hunt waterfowl in New England, particularly Massachusetts, sound off! I'd like to hear from you!
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 12:52:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm going on my 2nd solo year.  

I used to tag along with my BIL   he had the boat and all the gear.  We had a bit of a falling out about 8yrs ago.

Last year I got backpack, some decoys and dusted off the waders.  Hit beaver ponds and swamps.

Got some ponds this year and got some goose decoys.

I skunked on the season but didn't make it out much, only a few times.   But I scouted alot while squirrel and deer hunting and found more holes    

Been calling along with some cds on my drive to work.  

Super excited.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 1:04:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm going on my 2nd solo year.  

I used to tag along with my BIL   he had the boat and all the gear.  We had a bit of a falling out about 8yrs ago.

Last year I got backpack, some decoys and dusted off the waders.  Hit beaver ponds and swamps.

Got some ponds this year and got some goose decoys.

I skunked on the season but didn't make it out much, only a few times.   But I scouted alot while squirrel and deer hunting and found more holes    

Been calling along with some cds on my drive to work.  

Super excited.
View Quote

What part of CT are you located in?
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 1:06:28 PM EDT
[#3]
West of Waterbury. Litchfield county
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 1:09:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
West of Waterbury. Litchfield county
View Quote

I was hoping you'd say Northeastern CT as there's a lot of state land that I've hunted ducks on and have never seen another soul duck hunting on it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 1:18:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Same here.it's easy to find spots just go uphill.   The steeper the better.

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 10:49:10 PM EDT
[#6]
You boys in MA use slingshots to hunt birds?
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 1:48:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You boys in MA use slingshots to hunt birds?
View Quote

Slingshots are illegal in MA
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 5:43:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I was hoping you'd say Northeastern CT as there's a lot of state land that I've hunted ducks on and have never seen another soul duck hunting on it.
View Quote
that's my stomping grounds up there, we need a whistle or identifier for arf encounters in the swamp.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 12:12:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Sign me up if you need help. I know squat about ducks but I'm interested and have a pretty well behaved lab that loves bringing things back.  I'm about an hour from great barrington.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 12:32:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Upstate NY. Have gun will travel
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 4:10:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm looking to waterfowl hunt NE CT in 2018, I've got to learn some new waterfowl spots. I've done a ton of deer hunting in Natchaug and Shenipsit state forests. Plus private land deer in NE ct.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top