Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2016 11:11:55 AM EDT
I'm new up here, living in Oakaloosa County.  Looking to find some local guys to potentially hunt with.  My experience is coming from Missouri so I have no experience shooting divers in saltwater but if we're in the woods I'll be right at home.  Have shotgun, waders and a boat load of decoys (mainly mallards but also some pintails, teal, woodies and Canada geese).  

If you're around, PM me here.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 11:15:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm in tallahassee, but don't do much hunting. Have you tried posting this in the Hometown forum?
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 11:37:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Not yet, I'll do that as well.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 3:23:40 PM EDT
[#3]
You're doing it wrong.  You need to get your offshore fishing rig and trade out fishing trips in the Gulf for duck hunting trips here in Arkansas.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 3:37:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You're doing it wrong.  You need to get your offshore fishing rig and trade out fishing trips in the Gulf for duck hunting trips here in Arkansas.
View Quote

A flooded timber duck hunt in AR is on my bucket list.  Seems every duck hunting show I watch is flooded timber in AR bagging limits of greenheads in what looks to be about 5 fucking minutes.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 4:21:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

A flooded timber duck hunt in AR is on my bucket list.  Seems every duck hunting show I watch is flooded timber in AR bagging limits of greenheads in what looks to be about 5 fucking minutes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know about 5 minutes, but we might be able to put you on some birds.

Link Posted: 6/3/2016 6:00:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/JDMnAR/Hunting/Saturday_zpsoxtvybom.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be awesome man. I've got my own dekes and ain't afraid to haul shit, setup and help out where ever needed. I'll keep you in mind and hit you up when we get closer to the best time of the year. Only thing is, my calling sucks. I can do a feeding chatter though lol.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 6:07:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That would be awesome man. I've got my own dekes and ain't afraid to haul shit, setup and help out where ever needed. I'll keep you in mind and hit you up when we get closer to the best time of the year. Only thing is, my calling sucks. I can do a feeding chatter though lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

More help setting and retrieving the spread is always welcome!  I don't call to speak of, I just shoot.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 5:23:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You think that's fun you should try some open water hunting up here
We limited most days this season

There's nothing like having a thousand divers do a pass, and than turn in, dump air and splash down into the decoys close enough to touch
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 9:00:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

There's nothing like having a thousand divers do a pass, and than turn in, dump air and splash down into the decoys close enough to touch
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That has to be an awesome sight.  How big is your spread that you guys are decoying 1k birds?
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 3:13:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, that would be a blast!  We had about 400 teal in the air this past season that kept buzzing us, while the 800-1000 big ducks we wanted to shoot were content to stay on the water about 150yds away.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 5:11:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That has to be an awesome sight.  How big is your spread that you guys are decoying 1k birds?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depending on the season, pressure, and how they are reacting (i.e. Whether they have been educated about decoys or not) anywhere from 10 to 400, if the whole family were to dig everything out we can put between 500 and a thousand decoys out. We run em on main lines, 3 of us in one boat can have 200 decoys out in under half an hour.

It sounds egotistical, but theres 4 generations of carvers alive and hunting right now, and 2 of those generations carved dekes for a living, they were kind of a big deal for awhile and when we put out a spread it shows lol.

ETA: the fact that we are hitting huge migtatory groups on traditional stopover waters doesn't hurt either.

Holy fucking shit September needs to hurry up and get here
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top