Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2016 2:47:13 PM EDT
Any body have any experience with one of these? I'm thinking of getting my first o/u. I know it's made in turkey. I'm not sold on it so suggestions are welcome.

My criteria is around $1,000, 12 ga, chambered for 3" shells for late duck season and available at cabelas as I have gift cards in that amount.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 9:33:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Friends don't let friends buy Turkish made guns.

Look for a used Miroku barreled Citori, SKB, or a Beretta 686 essential in your price range.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 4:22:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Look for a used Miroku barreled Citori, SKB, or a Beretta 686 essential in your price range.
View Quote

my illustrious colleague has spoken and is correct as usual.

to my knowledge the Orion is not Steel Shot certified. ( the old ones atleast... no clue on any newer models).
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:29:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Please listen to the Beardog.  Anyone of those are nice but I am partial to beretta.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:41:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Da fuq? My Orion is made by SKB. Mid 90's vintage.

New Id go with a Beretta, I prefer the lines and handling to the Citori. Shot a Ruger Red Label when I was younger that wasn't too bad either.

ETA: Shot 1000's of Federal #2 steel at ducks/geese in AZ.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:20:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

New Id go with a Beretta, I prefer the lines and handling to the Citori. Shot a Ruger Red Label when I was younger that wasn't too bad either.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think new Orions are Turkish along with all their other shotguns.
the old Orions by SKB are great guns, but not Steel Shot approved by the factory to my knowledge.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:08:16 PM EDT
[#6]
The Beretta box lock owns the mud range market.  The action is just awesome.  That being said, with $1000 as your budget, your looking at used.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 5:33:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Weatherby  bounced around a ton when it came to manufactures.  Off the top of my head.  SKB, Fausti, Huglu , couple others in there as well.  I'm not sure they even ever made double guns in house

Current production Orion's are Turkish made.  

SKB or Fausti (can't remember if the Orion line was ever made by Fausti) made Orions are good to go.

Also I believe Fausti did some runs for Weatherby that were made by it's subsidiary "Traditions", which is a Turkish made gun.   Weatherby made it really difficult on determining who manufactured their guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top