Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2015 9:18:35 PM EDT
Have you seen any birds moving yet? We just had our first chilly weekend and absolutely no ducks moving yet. Anyone seen them flying? Where and when?
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 2:16:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Guess not.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 7:01:21 PM EDT
[#2]
where in the east you talkin about?  Inland NH it has been a weird season.  its going to be in the 50s this weekend and I think the ducks are confused what the hell season it is.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 8:57:10 PM EDT
[#3]
NC
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 10:18:38 PM EDT
[#4]
We just wrapped up here,
The weather across Canada has been the same, warm as fuck, and a big lack of hard freezing

We just started getting serious movement in the last couple of weeks, and even than its still behind where it should be

The prolonged warm spell we are in is going to wreck havoc with everyone's season thought most of the eastern half of the United States

We did awesome this year, but that as because we were willing and able to change the way we hunt to take into account most of what as around was local birds that had bee educated by the third week of the season.

By week 4, less decoys and calling is going to be better, and if using motion decoys constant will probably not be your friend
The local birds will probably start shying from larger decoy spreads, wings that never stop moving will tip them off, and incessant annoying calling will keep them away from you.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 11:23:40 PM EDT
[#5]
They are on their way. They have been passing over here in CT for the last few days. Had to shoo a stragler off the lawn today.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 10:27:13 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They are on their way. They have been passing over here in CT for the last few days. Had to shoo a stragler off the lawn today.
View Quote
Our seasons opens back up on the 19th until the 30th of January.  Hopefully it gets cold at some point.

Link Posted: 12/11/2015 4:56:42 PM EDT
[#7]
We have the "split" the weekend after Christmas (not including late goose season which targets out non migrant population)

Given the combination of the brief cold snap 2 weeks ago, and temps currently in the 40s-50s it's looking real good for the divers here

So tommorow I'm checkng/repairing about 4-500 yards of main lines and decoys. AWESOME!!  (Duck hunting is my zen place)
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 7:19:57 PM EDT
[#8]
This weekend is the last hurrah for NH I will do my damnedest  to shoo them south for you guys, minus a few of course
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 9:05:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Worst season in VT/NY I have seen in 25 years for ducks, geese were fine. We end on the 17th and it is warm till the end.......I was in shorts today  
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 3:12:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Worst season in VT/NY I have seen in 25 years for ducks, geese were fine. We end on the 17th and it is warm till the end.......I was in shorts today  
View Quote

53 degrees, saw 3 skittish ducks, not able to take a shot .  Last day tomorrow
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 7:49:56 PM EDT
[#11]
If it makes yall feel any better, the central isn't much better. We still have a month left give or take and I'm about done and ready to hang it up. Becoming more work than anything at this point.
Link Posted: 12/25/2015 2:54:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Missouri sucks this year.
Link Posted: 12/25/2015 3:01:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Ducks unlimited app...
Link Posted: 12/25/2015 12:35:21 PM EDT
[#14]
I live in MA

Christmas eve we opened the doors and windows for fresh air and mosquitoes came in
Link Posted: 12/25/2015 3:37:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Ducks unlimited app...
View Quote

Sucks, because people lie to keep people away from where they hunt, or misdirect them somewhere else

Local forums, friends in the area, or actual scouting are the only way to get decent info you can trust
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 8:35:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Well, it's still too warm, and they haven't started coming in strong yet, but I got my first banded bird Christmas Eve!  70 degrees and thunderstorms all around us, water 2 feet over the island we were hunting and everything.  Took her at no-shit 60 yards with 3in Hypersonic #2s.

Link Posted: 12/29/2015 3:06:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I hunt across the river from the Grand Pass Conservation area.

I've hunted there since I was 15 and this has been the worst year ever.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 6:20:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been to Grand Pass twice this year.  I killed one green wing teal in total between those two trips.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 4:11:10 PM EDT
[#19]
This was the worst duck season I've ever seen here in the Ct. River valley of NH. I shot zero ducks. 0. Zilch. None. Did really well on geese the first half before the split, and moderately well early part of the second half, but the duck migration never happened during the season.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 8:11:16 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm back in NC and had a few bluebills come in on the swamp.

Total for the season is 12. Four mallard drakes, four wigeon drakes, three bluebills, and 1 woody.

I usually get enough to fill the freezer for the rest of the year . I still have a few more weekends.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 8:36:03 PM EDT
[#21]
I've let some slip by me for piss poor shooting, but the numbers I've seen have been decent.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top