Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2015 10:58:13 PM EDT
I'm hunting for a LED light bar for the front of my boat. I hunt flooded timber in Arkansas and I want something brighter than the sun..lol. Good mix of flood and spot. I'm running an Xpress 1546DB. I had always used handheld spotlights but I'm ready to upgrade. What are you guys using? Or suggest?
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 12:07:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Interested as well!

This caught my eye recently.  A member on HIDplanet makes a 3led 30w light bar that looks neat!  

I'm really considering one or 5.  3000+ lumens per bar!  Not sure if he's still making them as his website is down at the moment.

His light bar thread on HIDplanet

Link Posted: 11/22/2015 12:16:22 AM EDT
[#2]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JVqRy0sWWY
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 2:29:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This

Txl
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 11:40:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol.. I would so buy that if I could mount it in my boat!
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 1:13:26 PM EDT
[#5]
How much spare current capacity does your boat have?  Engine off?  Battery time till you lose electric start?
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 6:12:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
How much spare current capacity does your boat have?  Engine off?  Battery time till you lose electric start?
View Quote

I do have electric start, but I run two deep cycle marine batteries. One for the motor and one for just lights
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 2:45:14 PM EDT
[#7]
If you are looking for spots to augment bars check out golights,

They are extremely bright, but more importantly they can be remote controlled by direct line and/or wireless remote
They make a portable and fixed mount version of several of their products, and after using them In astan and Iraq I can tell you they are pretty damn rugged.

When I get the money at least one will be going on a telescoping mount on my boat.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 9:03:48 PM EDT
[#8]
How much are you wanting to spend? I have Rigid Dually pods on my Gator Tail and they're pretty damn bright.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:30:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Punch in Cree light bar on Amazon. Let me know what and how you do it, I need to do the same to my duck boat and want to see how it's done. In the mean time I bought a streamlined survivor to use as a spotlight, it's great.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:31:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Punch in Cree light bar on Amazon. Let me know what and how you do it, I need to do the same to my duck boat and want to see how it's done. In the mean time I bought a streamlined survivor to use as a spotlight, it's great.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:38:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
How much are you wanting to spend? I have Rigid Dually pods on my Gator Tail and they're pretty damn bright.
View Quote

I'm open to budget of they are awesome. I'll check the Rigids out. Post a pic if u can.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:41:45 AM EDT
[#12]
I purchased a 37" single row U-box led bar a few weeks ago for my side by side. It is as bright as the sun! It was $85 on Amazon plus wiring harness.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 2:00:17 AM EDT
[#13]
relevant to my interests
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 10:22:44 AM EDT
[#14]
How hard is thing going to be wire it into the existing battery in my boat? Should just Be pos/neg/grd right? Then just out it on a switch? If I only use it while the engine is running should be good.

I have never wired anything before sorry for all the questions.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:24:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

What size are the pods?   How bright?  

I've been  thinking  about getting some pods,  due to a bar wouldn't work because of my trolling motor placement on my boat.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 3:52:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Just an FYI NAPA Auto Parts now carries Rigid Industries LED lights and most have a working display to look at, at least mine does. They are pretty impressive lights tough and carry a lifetime warranty.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 10:14:00 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a opt7 off of amazon super bright sorry dont have any pictures right now comes with 3 year warrenty also
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 10:44:59 PM EDT
[#18]
I bought a 22" light bar from Amazon for my truck and would buy the same one for a boat.  It's held up nicely in the weather and is bright as hell!

Here is the exact one I bought.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KJ18BI8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top