Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2015 6:37:19 PM EDT
I've looked in all the local sporting goods stores and on line, all I see are vests with a back pouch that's "blood proof". I don't want that, here in Texas it gets hot and the birds get hot while in this type of pouch. I'm looking for a vest with the pouch made with mesh, I don't care if some blood gets on me. Do y'all have any ideas??
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 12:18:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I use a Filson vest. It's pricey; but will last a lifetime.

Accountant
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 4:37:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Didn't see this sooner but why not just buy a regular shooting vest with a large shell pouch built in?

Here when it is hot during early dove season I use a camouflage soft side cooler with ice in it. If the birds are flying well I don't bother with it though.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 12:56:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Get a Wing Works vest and you'll never have to buy another in your lifetime.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 10:56:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quilomene San Carlos for hot weather.
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 11:29:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I picked up a mesh vest at Cabelas a couple years back for dove hunting.  It is very breathable and comfortable for hot Texas dove hunting!

This is a pic I found online of the vest (or one very similar)  Vest
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top