Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2015 11:04:47 AM EDT
I picked up my Winchester 101 field yesterday at Cabela's, it was on sale for $1099. The weapon is made by FN in Belgium and assembled by Browning in Portugal. It has 28" barrels with a low profile receiver sporting large trunnions vs. a pin for the hinge, it supposed to have 30-40% more locking surface vs. most other O/U shotguns. The fit and finish is excellent, the engraving is very neat and tidy. The gun locks up like a vault and the stock fits me perfectly even though I'm a lefty. The safety doubles as the barrel selector and is not automatic.  The barrels are backbored and seem to be perfectly regulated. The gun is light but the recoil was surprisingly mild, and the ejectors worked flawlessly leaving the unspent shell in the barrel, spent hulls were ejected smartly. The trigger is an inertia type and is probably the best trigger I've ever tried on any shotgun including Citoris. My son Ethan and I shot some informal clays off my tractor and both of us did better than normal, the gun is very instinctive.

My son shooting off of our trap thrower mounted to a pallet, I just pick it up with the front loader of our tractor and load all our gear on the pallet and take it to whatever field we want to go to.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 10:33:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice looking shotty
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top