Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2014 3:49:40 PM EDT
Looking forward to Dove season this year.  Wanting to try out some new places, rather than the same old, same old.  Have 5 hunters in DFW TX looking for a season dove lease within about 2 hours drive of DFW.  Willing to go any direction, just want to try a new place.

If you have any tips or leads or know of an outfitter, please pass the info along, and thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 2:31:02 AM EDT
[#1]
No tips or leads.  

I was daydreaming of Aug grouse season starting.  Only three more months!
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 5:58:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Only 123 days until early goose season.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:03:15 PM EDT
[#3]
im stationed in SA, there is a day lease down here that is 25$ a day and ive got my limit of white wings every day.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 4:43:38 PM EDT
[#4]
We are also trying a new lease this year. We decided to spend a little more to stay within an hour drive of the office, so we can hunt during the week (if there are dove).  We tried a place last year that was 2 1/2 hours... A big mistake.

This guy still  has some spots open when we booked Friday.
The really prime looking spots we're taken, but we booked on field F for opening day

http://www.dfwhunt.com/contact.htm

It's a reserved spot for opening day, then hunt anywhere, on several different fields, after opening day.   I believe it allows a kid under 16 to hunt with an adult.

I have not gone with this guy before, so this is not a personal recommendation!!!
I learned about him from on another outdoor forum.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 5:45:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
im stationed in SA, there is a day lease down here that is 25$ a day and ive got my limit of white wings every day.
View Quote

I've got a couple buddies and we are hoping to bag some doves this year. Would you mind providing a suggestion or two? We are in Houston, but were planning on getting down to SA or Corpus to find some hunts. I used to work around Cotulla, Three Rivers, Uvalde, Carrizo Springs, etc, and heard the doves are great around there. Just don't know how to find a place that doesn't want an arm and a leg.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 10:07:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I've got a couple buddies and we are hoping to bag some doves this year. Would you mind providing a suggestion or two? We are in Houston, but were planning on getting down to SA or Corpus to find some hunts. I used to work around Cotulla, Three Rivers, Uvalde, Carrizo Springs, etc, and heard the doves are great around there. Just don't know how to find a place that doesn't want an arm and a leg.

Thanks
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

Katy has had some great hunting in the past.  Its been almost 10 years since I have hunted in that area, so I don't know any specifics, but it beats driving all the way so SA
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 2:29:03 PM EDT
[#7]
http://www.texasdayhunts.com/index.php?view=showad&adid=689

This is the ad for my ranch, just posted today. In Burnet, Tx. Lots of sunflowers.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 4:06:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
http://www.texasdayhunts.com/index.php?view=showad&adid=689

This is the ad for my ranch, just posted today. In Burnet, Tx. Lots of sunflowers.
View Quote

Got your message, thanks. I will get with my buddies about it.

And thanks to the poster above about Katy, both of those places are well within range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top