Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2013 6:16:51 AM EDT
Good morning gents,
I'm in the market for a new 12ga and can't decide between two.

Would you go for the Benelli Supernova, or Remington 887?  What difference should I expect for the 100 dollar difference on the Benelli if I go that route?  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 8:46:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd go with whichever one fit me better.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 9:37:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd go with whichever one fit me better.
View Quote

This...  You will pick up both of these guns and you will instantly know which one will fit you better; just overall feels right.  Other than that, my opinion is they are both pretty much the same gun.
Link Posted: 12/19/2013 1:03:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Love my nova. The 870 has sat for 12+ years.

Killed 800+ ducks with that gun

Link Posted: 2/10/2014 11:11:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Wouldn't do the 887, seen a lot of them go back to the factory and rust can happen underneath the plastic shell.  Super Nova is about the only pump I'd consider, would really prefer an autoloader if possible for the same money or a little more.
Link Posted: 2/10/2014 11:21:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't have any experience with the 887 but I can say the Benelli is a solid gun.

Only complaint is the forearm rattles.  Not a big deal bird hunting but in the deer blind it can be annoying.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 8:29:28 PM EDT
[#6]
It seems the new Remington crap is just that.  I would look for an old 870 or used semi-auto Browning, Winchester, Benelli, Beretta.  You can find decent deals on shotguns and for duck hunting it's not a good idea to expect your new gun to look new after a couple seasons.
My first pump was a Mossberg 835
Then went to Browning A-5s in 20ga and 12ga.
Then went to Remington SP-10 (10 gauge)
Then finally ended up with a Benelli SBE2.
Kept all of the shotguns but the SP-10.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 8:52:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Had both nova was way better.
Link Posted: 5/3/2014 4:37:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Start out by saying I am very partial to Remington as that is what I have hunted with most of my life. That being said I am not a big fan of the 887. I have only shot one one time shooting trap and It just feels cheap to me and I can't get over that, so between these I would def take the Benelli. I have shot the Nova and Supernova quite a bit and love them both. As previously said the forearm rattles a little bit but def not a deal breaker. You are getting better quality for your money with the Benelli between these two. If you want to go Remington I would stick with the 870 for pump or the 1187 for a solid auto loader on a budget.
Link Posted: 5/3/2014 4:49:58 PM EDT
[#9]
If you want a good pump gun Remington 870, the 887s had all kinds of problems and we sent about 60% we sold back.
But if you want to spend $500 get a stoger auto, I think they are the 3000 and 3500 series now. Great gun for the money
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top