Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2017 4:42:12 PM EDT
I was staying in a cottage in the middle of nowhere, I pulled in just past dark and saw a pair of green eyes about 100 yards out. It turned and walked away looking back once. It was dark and the only light was from my flashlight, but I think I could make out a silhouette of a dog. (didnt look like a dear)

about 30 minutes later I headed back out and tried to take some photos of the night sky. I parked out in the middle of a field that had a few clusters of trees between fields (behind me) and a treeline in front of me.

I could hear a something calling in a cluster of trees about 300 yards away (I put the call at ~7 o'click but kept an ear out). Constant calling over and over again but never moved. after 15-20 minutes I heard the same call about 500 yards away at 1 o'clock then it moved to 200 yards away at 11 o'clock right on the treeline. I tossed my gear in the back of the car and I could hear 2 or 3 join in calling and running around the treeline at 12-1 o'clock and 2 behind me in the patch of trees where the first one was.

The original call was a cooing, "ow-ow, ow-owww" almost like an owl, but higher pitched. The last bit sounded like hyenas or monkeys with the original 2 continuing the calling.

I have no idea what was out there or if it was paying any attention to me or not but I was sketched out enough to leave. Am I right thinking it was coyotes?
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 4:50:14 PM EDT
[#1]
You may have been dinner.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 5:35:30 PM EDT
[#2]
First ones were coyotes.  Second (calls) definately Sasquatch(s).
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 5:35:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Prolly a Sasquatch waiting to ass rape you
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 6:40:42 PM EDT
[#4]
It was the Black Wolf of the Dark Forest, I saw it on Mountain Monsters the other day.  You are lucky to be alive. 
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 6:46:05 PM EDT
[#5]
A pack of dickfers
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 10:22:01 AM EDT
[#6]
What ever it is; it's going to get you before it get me.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 12:09:09 PM EDT
[#7]
This reads like a GD thread
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 4:40:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This reads like a GD thread
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top