Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2017 5:50:42 AM EDT
Duped myself, not much traction in they WY forum...

Bringing my son out yonder for his 16th birthday in about 2 weeks.

My plan is to show up with 2 rifles and 2 backpacks. Prairie dog/coyote hunting, hiking, camping and fossil hunting. Ghost town type stuff would be cool. Not doing the national parks, did Yellowstone and some of Teton last year.

Looking for suggestions.
How is the snow melt going? Will I be able to drive a rental car up into the mountains to park and hike?

Flaming Gorge look like a cool hike, is it worth it? Is there national forest or BLM land where I can do a similar hike to flaming gorge?

Devil's tour? Not sure if I want to go all the way up there to see a big rock. I could do some of the prairie dog hunting up that way...

I've seen the Kemmerer are for hunting fossilized fish. Rules don't allow for collecting on BLM land but are there any other public lands where you can dig for them or are you pretty much restricted to the pay quarries?

Anyone have problems with coyotes harassing their cattle or prairie dogs tearing up their pasture? Let me know if you want help with eradication, my son and I might be able to put a day or two into it for you, otherwise we will be decimating them on public land...
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 10:04:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Update?
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 11:13:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Bring a 30.06 and saw a couple prairie dogs in half.  Literally.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 3:16:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Update?
View Quote
update here
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 6:07:24 AM EDT
[#4]
If you can get to southeast Montana ---Ashland--- stop at the Nat Forest office, right on 212, and ask for Scott.There's a huge tract of Custer Nat Forest east of town.
Tell him I sent ya..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top