Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2016 9:32:27 PM EDT
About a month ago I got a digital night scope as a gift. I was ready to do some night hunting after being woke up at 1:30 AM by a pack of yotes howling in my back yard.
I went down and got a copy of the game laws and was surprised at what I found. Here in WV its continuous open season. No daily limit, no possession limit, no season limit, but the only time one can night hunt is from Jan. 1- July 31!
Any one have any thoughts as to the reason for that?
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 12:08:22 AM EDT
[#1]
It's like that almost everywhere. Yotes are considered to be despicable animals. Eat livestock, pets, and an occasion attack small kids.
I have even seen other coyotes begin to eat a dying one that was just shot with .223. Most would be grateful to rid their property of them.
They are also very cunning and can be difficult to hunt. Here in las Vegas for example, they have learned to live within the city, and won't
Go outside the limits where they can be hunted.  Same in California, been to many  Nat'l parks there... after night fall... all you heard was
the yotes.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 5:49:24 AM EDT
[#2]
That's what I don't understand if they are so bad why are there any restrictions? But just remember who is making the rules. Govt. agency.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 8:15:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Used to be like that here in Michigan,  the night time season restrictions were for safety reasons and to dissuade folks that would say they were predator hunting,  yet were actually poaching other animals.
Like that would stop them...
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 1:26:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Here in Co, you can hunt them at night year round with permission from the game warden. Unless your on private property, then it's game on !!
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 3:42:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's what I don't understand if they are so bad why are there any restrictions? But just remember who is making the rules. Govt. agency.
View Quote

The night restrictions are to make it easier for the game wardens to charge deer poachers, specifically people looking for a huge buck with antlers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top