User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2016 11:44:51 PM EDT
Ruger american rifle, 223.
Primos caller
MOJO twitcher

What's your setup?
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 12:57:26 AM EDT
[#1]

My setup is kind of in transition.  I just added the Cabela's Speedy Yote Kickstand Vest.  I had been looking at it a while, and it went on sale a week and a half ago. It will probably modify the other equipment I carry.

Vest with built in chair described above.
Mossberg 500 with 20" barrel and Carlson Coyote Choke.
Federal Vital Shok #4 Buck, unless hunting wetlands, then Heavy Shot non-toxic.
Circe mouth call
Primos Still Cottontail mouth call
Can't remember brand open reed call
Primos mouse squeaker that velcros onto the forearm of the shotgun
FoxPro Fury II
Either a modified Mojo Critter that doesn't require a stake or the FoxJack with a fabricated critter flag attached to the Fury II.
Extra battery pack.
Toilet paper.
Sometimes I take a short Primos trigger stick if I switch out the 500 with an AR.

The mojo had been retired before I picked up this vest.  Now I am trying to decide whether to ditch the Foxjack so the Fury will fit perfectly into the e-caller pocket.  I have three avenues I will probably go down before figuring out which one I want to do.

1. Ditch the FoxJack permanently and go with the critter as is.

2. Further modify the critter so it can be remote controlled via the auxiliary port on the Fury.

3. Have a friend print a base for the FoxJack so it can be used remotely without being latched to the Fury.

Link Posted: 1/10/2016 1:46:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv253/yammerschooner/predator%20setup_zpshsltz14j.jpg

My setup is kind of in transition.  I just added the Cabela's Speedy Yote Kickstand Vest.  I had been looking at it a while, and it went on sale a week and a half ago. It will probably modify the other equipment I carry.

Circe mouth call
FoxPro Fury II
Either a modified Mojo Critter that doesn't require a stake or the FoxJack with a fabricated critter flag attached to the Fury II.
Extra battery pack.
Toilet paper.
Sometimes I take a short Primos trigger stick if I switch out the 500 with an AR.

The mojo had been retired before I picked up this vest.  Now I am trying to decide whether to ditch the Foxjack so the Fury will fit perfectly into the e-caller pocket.  I have three avenues I will probably go down before figuring out which one I want to do.

2. Further modify the critter so it can be remote controlled via the auxiliary port on the Fury.

3. Have a friend print a base for the FoxJack so it can be used remotely without being latched to the Fury.

View Quote

I want one of those vests.

I use a FoxPro (can't remember which one)
Mojo critter
16" AR with suppressor or tikka t3 in .223
Cammo to match conditions. I'm glad that they are finally making some cammo tailored more to the dry western color schemes that I hunt in.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 6:40:16 PM EDT
[#3]
11.5 SBR with can. Ballistic tips and V-max ( 55's)
12 Gauge with #4 buck

FoxPro Shokwave

Real tree desert type cammo.

Sleeping bag, food, water, and all kinds of junk in an ALICE pack. I spend some nights in my truck and start up early again in the AM.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 8:49:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv253/yammerschooner/predator%20setup_zpshsltz14j.jpg

Circe mouth call

FoxPro Fury II

Extra battery pack.

Toilet paper.

View Quote
Cool vest idea... sounds like something I need! Please let us know how it works and holds up.

Link Posted: 1/11/2016 9:38:20 PM EDT
[#5]
#2 and #3 Bridger Legholds with a few Dukes thrown in.

Some tainted meat and some feathers or bones. A few good lures and about 3 five gallon buckets full of various setting crap.

A few hours of work on the 4wheeler, a good nights rest and a about 20 minutes riding around shooting them where they stand.

I trap them, gave up hunting them around here. When your in the woods and can only see 50 yards the little fuckers are fast enough to out run a bullet.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 9:45:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Cool vest idea... sounds like something I need! Please let us know how it works and holds up.
View Quote

My initial experiences with the vest have been positive.

I ditched the foxjack and am using the critter because the call and decoy fit better when they are in two compartments.  The caller will fit into the e-caller pocket with the foxjack on, but then the pocket can't be zipped up. I am willing to trade remote control of the decoy for ease of deployment and pick up.

I am in process of cutting the fold up base I use for the critter down from 12 inches to 10 inches. This will make it fit into the decoy pocket more easily.  I have a piece on the way from Mojo outdoors that (I think) will convert the old style, screw pin, critter decoy hookup to magnetic attachment.  Fewer parts to lose in the pack, or in the snow, makes the setup simpler.

I like that my short Primos trigger stick will stay put on the pack if I put it into the water bottle holder.  I can access it without taking off the vest, and it stays out of the way when I am moving.

My initial concern is that it is a bit difficult to access all of the vest pockets, especially as my jacket/coat bulks up with colder weather. I am hoping this difficulty to access will change as I use the vest more and begin to get into the pockets regularly by feel.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 4:03:30 PM EDT
[#7]
AR in .223 firing Handloaded 60 gr VMaxs, 12 gauge semi auto shooting #4 buckshot. Minaska ultimate one e call, mojo critter decoy.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 11:06:19 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I ditched the foxjack and am using the critter because the call and decoy fit better when they are in two compartments.  The caller will fit into the e-caller pocket with the foxjack on, but then the pocket can't be zipped up. I am willing to trade remote control of the decoy for ease of deployment and pick up.
I am in process of cutting the fold up base I use for the critter down from 12 inches to 10 inches. This will make it fit into the decoy pocket more easily.  I have a piece on the way from Mojo outdoors that (I think) will convert the old style, screw pin, critter decoy hookup to magnetic attachment.  Fewer parts to lose in the pack, or in the snow, makes the setup simpler.
I like that my short Primos trigger stick will stay put on the pack if I put it into the water bottle holder.  I can access it without taking off the vest, and it stays out of the way when I am moving.
My initial concern is that it is a bit difficult to access all of the vest pockets, especially as my jacket/coat bulks up with colder weather. I am hoping this difficulty to access will change as I use the vest more and begin to get into the pockets regularly by feel.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thanks for the info! I had some Cabelas points so I redeemed them today by ordering the vest.

Update 2/7/16: Took my vest out this weekend to Central Oregon for it's baptism of fire. Over two days wore it for about 13 stands- worked like a champ. Very comfy, and super easy to get my FoxPro and Mojo Critter in and out of the pockets quickly. Also worked great for stowing my hand calls.

I took two coyote-hunting Noobs: I called in four dogs, and we (my buddy) killed one.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top