Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2015 1:11:41 PM EDT
Ever wonder why eastern coyotes are so adaptable and sometimes larger than their western cousins....

Good read below:

http://www.economist.com/news/science-and-technology/21677188-it-rare-new-animal-species-emerge-front-scientists-eyes

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 2:41:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I occasionally see coyotes here in NH, and they all look very wolf-like and larger than western coyotes.  they also tend to live in packs, rather than as solitary individuals.  I usually hear them more often than see them.  when the whole pack gets howling and yipping it is a very cool and eerie sound.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 7:53:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting article. It's not much different than other wolf/coyote hybrid articles that have been written over the last 10 years or so. I still caution folks about how "they" are going to try and say it's a new species and needs protection because it has wolf genes.
Hopefully I'm just gun shy from fighting Anti's to keep our rights over the years. Hopefully.

The coyote is definitely adaptable to its environment. East or west. People have been trying to wipe them out for 200 years and there's more now than ever.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 9:05:04 PM EDT
[#3]
oops. Stupid phone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top