Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2015 9:18:03 PM EDT
Here is a quick bobcat trapping video that I tossed together..  enjoy..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSK65kNetWw
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 9:27:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 9:35:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Killing your chickens or livestock?  What do you do with them, sell the pelts?
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 7:57:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Neither, this particular piece of property has a good rio grande turkey population and the land owner wants it to stay that way, so once a year  I come in and trap the property for two weeks and target all the predators that could impact the turkey population for a negotiated fee.  Then I process the animals pelts and sell at auction.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 2:42:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Neither, this particular piece of property has a good rio grande turkey population and the land owner wants it to stay that way, so once a year  I come in and trap the property for two weeks and target all the predators that could impact the turkey population for a negotiated fee.  Then I process the animals pelts and sell at auction.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's your going rate out there?

I'm always curious what others charge.

We normally get around $800 a week for predator trapping and maybe a little less for beaver and otter.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:47:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

We normally get around $800 a week for predator trapping and maybe a little less for beaver and otter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I simplified my rates last year for farm/Ranch to 100.00 for the first day, 35.00 per predator removed, individual negotiated fee for raccoons and skunks, possums topped off with a .45 cent a mile fuel surcharge for checking the line each day. .   Residential is 100.00 for site inspection , and single animal removal.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:55:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I simplified my rates last year for farm/Ranch to 100.00 for the first day, 35.00 per predator removed, individual negotiated fee for raccoons and skunks, possums topped off with a .45 cent a mile fuel surcharge for checking the line each day. .   Residential is 100.00 for site inspection , and single animal removal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you check daily? We have to by law and of course want to get them out of the traps quick for more catches.

It usually takes me 3-5 hours to set up and install on a small to medium property (10-15 various type sets), and sometimes an hour or better to check and reset each day.

I'd go broke with your rates....

Not counting drive time I have 9-12 hours in even a small job each week. And if I'm not getting $75 an hour I would be losing money. Of course we have multiple crews and lots of employees over head to cover. And for some reason Gerogia won't let us commercial trappers sell our catches on nuisance wildlife.

You should try trapping in a big city. I've got coyote jobs that run into $1700-2000 for two weeks. Now those are ones I like to handle personally.
2 or 3 subtle leg hold sets in the shadow of a 30 story high rise building sure makes things interesting.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:35:08 PM EDT
[#7]
We're not allowed to sell nuisance fur either in Idaho. I always thought that was kinda dumb.

You should post that video in GD to watch liberal heads explode.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 2:46:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Do you check daily? We have to by law and of course want to get them out of the traps quick for more catches.

It usually takes me 3-5 hours to set up and install on a small to medium property (10-15 various type sets), and sometimes an hour or better to check and reset each day.

Not counting drive time I have 9-12 hours in even a small job each week. And if I'm not getting $75 an hour I would be losing money. Of course we have multiple crews and lots of employees over head to cover. And for some reason Gerogia won't let us commercial trappers sell our catches on nuisance wildlife.

You should try trapping in a big city. I've got coyote jobs that run into $1700-2000 for two weeks. Now those are ones I like to handle personally.
2 or 3 subtle leg hold sets in the shadow of a 30 story high rise building sure makes things interesting.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeap, I check daily,  most of our clients are large ranches with established MLD herds that account for a yearly steady inflow of income.  I am also one of very few state permitted Animal relocaters in my area, but what I want to point out is that we are a 100 percent about trapping and relocating if needed and do ZERO exclusion work .  Also have a flat rate of 750.00 for a single week of beaver trapping

City trapping is easy money, I have done several coyote jobs in Ft. Worth and Dallas, the hard part is trap placement that would work wonders in a normal environment but being in the city the need to be handled with a bit more care.

Matter of fact one of my favorite techniques in town is the use of cable line with a slide lock on it used between to stakes (one end being anchored in cover) that way the target animal can travel into cover but can come back out into view.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top