Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2015 2:51:43 PM EDT
I realize this is a rather stupid question but how many people do you know who have actually used an ACOG for hunting? Obviously, it's not the most ideal optic for this purpose but just out of curiosity, have you run into anyone who has used this battlefield optic for hunting, specifically, small game hunting? As always, thanks in advance for any feedback!

From the South end of Lake Erie.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 5:19:26 PM EDT
[#1]
One of the rifles I use on depredation "hunts" is outfitted with a TA33H-G.  Once mastered, the Bindon Aiming Concept is very helpful once you let that first shot fly and your remaining shots are taken on running pigs. It has the same feel as wing shooting to me, which is pretty much the only real hunting I do. The choice in reticle will greatly affect your ability to use the ACOG for small game, as the ACOG line of optics is specifically built to range and engage humans and are usually fairly busy or aren't condusive to precise MOA target shooting. I'd probably have no problem picking off a squirrel size animal at 50 yards with my TA33H-G but would definitely struggle at 100 yards if that helps your line of thought.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 1:19:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I have five ACOG 4X-32mm LED TA02s and use them all the time on all my 556s:

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 6:14:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Gone out quite a bit with my TA33G-H.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top