Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2015 5:26:12 PM EDT
Hey guys

I'm wrapping up buying parts for a hunting rifle I'm building. I'm trying to decide between the SSA or the SSA-E for it. From what I read the ssa-e has a slight lighter and crisper pull. I thought I'd like the candy-cane break better than the carrot like break but I didn't know if it's too light for packing around hunting.

The rifle will be used for coyote and small varmint hunting.

Will probably be resting on sticks or a bipod a majority of the time.

The price difference is marginal so that's not a big decision factor.

What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 7:11:05 PM EDT
[#1]
SSA-E
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 7:50:54 PM EDT
[#2]
SSA-E
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 7:59:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I have both in my rifles. The difference is tiny but at the dollar amount you spend for the SSA you might as well get the SSA-E
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 8:38:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys. To the guys recommending the SSA-E have you tried both?
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 4:35:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a SSA in my 4-16x scoped 16" AR but I think I'm going to move it to my 1-4x scoped 12" AR and get the SSA-E for the 16". The SSA is a nice general puprose clean trigger but I think the SSA-E will be nice for more precise shooting.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 11:23:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I've tried both, hands down the SSAE.

Better yet, get the DMR.. I have yet to find a better trigger
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 3:42:07 PM EDT
[#7]
SSA in my SBR, SSA-E in my Recce.

Both will work.  SSA-E is as advertised, slightly lighter pull.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 4:46:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the SSA-E in my SPRish gun and the SDC in my 12" gun.  The SDC is the SSA but with a flat trigger bow.  The SSA-E or the SDE are made for what you want to do..
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 5:11:39 PM EDT
[#9]
SSA-E or Larue MBT.

Brownells has their special version of the SSA-E on sale for $180 and they have a free shipping code.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/triggers-parts/triggers/enhanced-triggers-prod67223.aspx?avs|Manufacturer_1=GEISSELE AUTOMATICS LLC

The B-G2S-E is a Brownells exclusive that uses the sear engagement of the SSA-E combined with the cost cutting techniques of the G2S to give an SSA-E feel at a lower price.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 11:13:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I own an SSA and a JP-EZ.  Get the JP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top