Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2015 5:32:48 AM EDT
Hey everyone,

I am kind of young, and have never been hunting.  I have been invited to go hog hunting at night on someone's property.  The friend who invited me has mentioned he owns a laser light.  While I am confident this may help out with night hunting, I am in a weird place at the moment.  Having never been hunting, I have never been night shooting, only at ranges during daylight/well lite.  My irons are matte black and I am unsure that I would be able to see properly and make a humane shot on the hog.  

I used to own a cheapy $99 1-4x20(?) optic from a sports store that barely kept its zero, so I am not chancing it on another magnified optic that costs money.  I see some nice red dots for around $300 but also have noticed a "SeeAll" sight for $100.  While considering this I ask if it is worth it.  Summer is coming up, and I have plenty of time before the hunt begins, but I am unsure if it would be better to go with black Iron sights, or try  to go for some other sight which might be better for low-light situations.

What do you guys think?
-John
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 6:49:16 PM EDT
[#1]
If you check the hog hunting forum, you`ll find a wealth of info on possible options, and experienced hunters to help guide you. HTH
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top