Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2015 11:59:16 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:43:56 PM EDT
[#1]

There was a coyote thread in GD a couple weeks ago, someone posted a pic of one if his horses, it was still alive, but it's entire rear end was eaten away.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:33:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Not very far away from me, wow. Time to finally get my first coyote! Anyone nearby have property to hunt? Heading to Cabela's tmw so I'll check their Bargain Cave for a caller - then time to find some farms to hunt.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:49:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I was surprised when I saw how big a Coyote can get while visiting Arches National Park a few years back.  Great big Coyote walked right through the parking lot with zero fear of the people.  A pack of those would be very, very dangerous.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 3:50:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was surprised when I saw how big a Coyote can get while visiting Arches National Park a few years back.  Great big Coyote walked right through the parking lot with zero fear of the people.  A pack of those would be very, very dangerous.
View Quote

Coyote-wolf, or coyote-dag mix?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 4:08:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know. The features appeared all coyote, but it must have been one very well fed, well grown coyote if it wasn't a mix.  I just remember watching in surprise as it trotted casually through the parking lot to wherever it was headed.  A shame that we were on national park property and nobody could shoot it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:17:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

They get big. Sometimes they even shock me when I'm running my traps for them. Always a little bit an adrenaline shock to spot a large mature male barking at me.

Got this one at a school bus depot a few weeks ago. Was a pair of them and caught the female a few days later.

" />

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:39:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I am going to do my civic duty and target a pack of them this weekend.....
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 10:50:31 AM EDT
[#8]
In all fairness word  from the locals is the horse was already dead and they were just feeding off the carcass. ..that being said. ..I'm doing my best to get rid of a few.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 7:56:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:06:24 AM EDT
[#10]

View Quote
that ones is sketchy too she describes a coyote as tall as she is and 200#

made a 3' gash in the side of the horse.....

I'm not saying it didn't happen, but there is something weird about it....largest coyote on record was like 75# largest wolf on record was 175#

I publicly volunteer to go over and hunt them though...the truth is out there....and I can put a bullet in it

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:53:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm in TX now and shot a few 40lbs, but I grew up in upstate NY, we had large yote's there, and a 90LB yes 90! in the paper one year, the DEC sent tissue samples to see if it crossbred with a wolf bc we were close to Canada. Never heard what they found, but it was big!
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 9:01:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Most of ours in Florida are 35 or so pounds, 45 pounds is large, I've killed two alpha dogs that went 50 pounds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top